Here are 10 things to do on Christmas Day. We love our (busy) fun Christmas days, filled with all of the 10 things below! I hope that you can find a few of these to adopt as a family tradition, as well.
10. Have a family breakfast- we always make this sausage casserole and it is my favorite (my mom makes it and brings it over on Christmas morning, but that makes it even better! It has been my favorite for years.)
9. Watch A Christmas Story – yes, we watch it over and over and over again. “Fragile…”
MY LATEST VIDEOS
8. Drive around and look at Christmas lights, putting one of these notes about finding Jesus in their yard in their mailboxes.
6. Call your family (don’t text them) and wish them a Merry Christmas.
5. Write Santa a Thank you note! Write letters for your relatives, too (anyone that has given a gift). Your kids can help you by just filling in the gift name and their name while you write the rest (or make a printable that says “Dear ____, Thank you for my ______. Love, ______.” If they are too young to write, let them draw a picture of the gift.
4. Read a Christmas book together.
3. Sing your favorite Christmas carols and then make up your own song! Everyone picks a Christmas word out of a hat and they have to start a song using that word.
Example: If my word was “Tree”, my song might be “Trees are light and trees are bright, when they are covered in lights! We love to gather around the tree and open presents in the morning!”
2. Everyone write down their favorite things that happened this year, their favorite gift and one thing that they hope to accomplish by this time next year. Put it in the Christmas Tree box and when you get the tree out next year, you can see your list and see if anything came true.
And #1. Spend time cuddling on the couch, drinking hot cocoa and enjoying time together… relaxing and being together as a family. (while we watch A Christmas Story over & over & over & the kids play with their new toys…)
More posts you might like: