If you are looking for a quick breakfast, after-school snack or before practice pick-me-up, I have found that these muffins are perfect! I personally love them. I didn’t use to make them from scratch- I always just bought the packet, until I realized that the ingredients in the packaged muffins weren’t much different from pre-made cookies. Now I like to use real fruit and real Smart Balance peanut butter in them to make them healthier. I also add a little flax seed and wheat germ when I have it on hand.
Plus, these peanut butter banana muffins only have 106 calories per muffin, making them a really healthy go-to snack or meal.
We are ALWAYS on the go (school, sports, work, games, matches, friend’s houses, grandparent’s house… you get the idea!) so these are a really great muffin to have on hand with 10.3 grams of protein. I just keep them in an air-tight storage container and they are gone in a day. I often have to double and even triple recipes in our house if I want things to last for more than a day or two. “Growing boys…”
These are a perfect high-protein meal or snack to grab before school, before practice or before work.
Here you go:
peanut butter banana muffins recipe (this recipe makes 6 muffins – more or less depending on how much batter you put into each spot)
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
1 Medium Banana Mashed
¼ Cup Oatmeal (Uncooked)
1 Whole Egg
½ Cup Egg Whites
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein (we use this one- organic)
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
Dried Banana Chips
How to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, hand- mix all ingredients together except the banana chips.
- Place muffin liners in each holder of a 12 count muffin tray and then spray a light coat of a non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin around 2/3 of the way full, until you are out of batter.
- Top each uncooked muffin with a few dried banana chips.
- Place tray on the center rack of the oven and allow to cook for 12 min.
- The tops of the banana chips should be golden brown when they are about done.
These muffins have 3.8 grams of fat and 8 grams of carbohydrates.