I wanted to share this recipe for Organic Apple Muffins because eat muffins almost every single day. I’ve made them all: Peanut Butter, Blueberry, Pumpkin, Banana chocolate chip… but a new favorite in our house is my Apple Muffins.
I took a traditional apple muffin recipe that I had and I swapped out the ingredients to use all organic products.
We started using Organics because they are free from GMOs, synthetic fertilizers/herbicides/pesticides, artificial preservatives/colors/flavors, antibiotics or growth hormones. That’s a lot of “stuff” that I didn’t want our kids eating. We live near a Harris Teeter & they have their own Organics line, so that’s usually where I pick up the ingredients.
So, here is our recipe for our Organic Apple Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Cane sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Organic Canola Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples or one HT Organic large apple (like mine)- peeled, cored and chopped
Optional: Organic Butter (I like to cut the muffins open, while they are still warm, and put a little butter on it before eating it… yum!)
Directions for Organic Apple Muffins:
- Mix everything in a bowl and fold in apples.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling the cup 3/4 full
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick, inserted into the center of the muffin, comes out dry.
Enjoy! Our family loves these and I feel good about feeding them organic apple muffins.