When I was in college, my roommate (Julia) and I would try to find as many “skinny” recipes as possible. We would run to McDonalds for their ice cream cones (3 points). We would eat fat-free Reddi Wip & Cool Whip by the spoonful, until we reach a point. We made “skinny” brownies, etc…
Then, one day, my Aunt called with a new recipe that she had made- Skinny Ice Cream Sandwiches. We tried it & we were hooked! It tasted just like an ice cream sandwich, but we liked it more. It was only one point, so we could have at least one a day, sometimes two. They are still my favorite treat. I have at least three frozen in the freezer at all times, ready to eat at night (Mickey laughs because they are like a staple in our house… it’s either these or ice cream, so I try to pick these- Mostly because I can have more of these than I can of ice cream, but that’s just between me & you.)
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Fat Free Cool Whip
- Break graham crackers in half.
- Lay them on wax paper or foil (so you can wrap them later)
- Place 1 Tablespoon of fat free Cool Whip one square.
- Take another empty square and place it on top of the cool whip (so it will be like an ice cream sandwich)
- Press lightly.
- Wrap and Freeze them until they are frozen.
- You can eat them without freezing, as well, but I like them frozen.
- 1 sandwich = 1 point 🙂
Enjoy! You can see how to make it by watching my video below. 🙂