This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My husband’s grandmother is a wonderful cook and an even better baker. Thankfully, my kids’ LOVE cookies, which makes this relationship a match-made in heaven! Today I wanted to share this recipe with you because if my kids love it as much as they do… yours will, too. Plus, homemade cookies are as fun to make as they are to eat!
Many years ago, she gave me her recipe for these chocolate-chip chewy cookies. These are the softest chocolate chip cookies ever! They are a combination of delicious, soft & chocolate-goodness that end with the best chewy chocolate chip cookies ever. I wanted to share his grandma’s recipe with you today so you could recreate these cookies. 🙂
Out of all the yummy recipes my grandmother-in-law makes, this chocolate chip cookie recipe ones top the rest. They are like that delicious comfort food that you can’t get enough of.
These cookies are, simply put, the softest cookies you’ll ever have. Not only are they delicious, but they instantaneously melt in your mouth. It’s no wonder they’re a crowd-pleaser in my home, and now you can make them for your family!
The cookies are simple and fast to make – about 5 to 15 minutes to prep and around 10 minutes in the oven. You don’t need a lot of ingredients, either. You’ll need your usual dry ingredients of all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. You’ll need granulated sugar and brown sugar. Grab butter, too. I like to have the butter at room temperature to make it easier to mix. Sometimes I even melt it. 😉
You may be wondering, “what makes them so soft and delicious?” These chocolate chip cookies are made with one very special ingredient: pudding!
After you preheat the oven, start making your cookies. I mix mine with our standing mixer and after the dough is ready, I form dough balls (just because it makes the cookies come out looking more circular and pretty). 🙂 Sometimes I’ll line the baking sheets or cookie sheet with parchment paper to make them easier to take off after they are done baking.
I can promise you your family will love coming into the kitchen to grab a cookie (or even steal a bite!).
The pudding makes these cookies the softest cookies you’ll make…
As a pro tip, I often double the recipe and make one batch. I either chill the dough in the refrigerator for a new batch the following day, or you can freeze the rest for another day.
When I do freeze it, I then take out a little bit each day to make just enough cookies for each of our kids to have one freshly-baked cookie when they come home from school.
Grandma's SOFTEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 small box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup nuts optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12- ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate chip cookies on a baking sheet
- First, mix the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Set this bowl aside while you prepare the rest of the dough.
- Next, combine the butter, sugar, pudding mix and vanilla in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Once it is creamy, add your eggs and mix well. (I add both eggs at once and then beat until creamy once they have been added.)
- Once it is well beaten, you will add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Then add the chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet. I find that if I roll them into balls before placing them on the sheet, they look prettier when they come out of the oven!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. I like to keep a close eye on them and take them out when the bottom of the cookie is just starting to turn golden brown.
CHOCOLATE TIP: If you want your cookies to be FILLED with Chocolate, switch up your chocolate chips for chocolate chunks… and don’t be stingy on the amount that you pour into the dough. 😉
I also shared my recipe on the Healthy Essentials website.
Other Recipes We Love: