Potty training in three days is what we have done with all four of our kids (three boys & a little girl). We even Potty Train in a Weekend! Yes, really! This post has become my most-viewed post and has turned my Potty Train in a Weekend Book into a #1 Amazon best-seller because it really can be done.
I want to share a little excerpt from Potty Train in a Weekend because I know that everyone can potty train their child quickly when given the right method.
Potty Train in a WEEKEND? THREE DAYS? Yes, really!
The method of potty training that I use was a method passed onto me from my Grandma (she taught her four children this way and her mother taught her that way). Because it isn’t “modern”, I didn’t have any friends training their kids this way.
I tried it anyway.
What I do NOT do:
- I do not wait until they self-potty train. I teach them.
- I do not give out rewards. They are self-motivated.
- I do not punish them for having accidents.
- I do not wait for them to talk to be potty trained.
- Train them before they are two years old (but I have trained many friends’ and clients’ children that are older)
- Look for readiness signs.
- Cheer for them and praise them when they do well.
- Train them in three days.
- Understand that regression will happen and I have learned to deal with it in specific ways.
- Understand the hurdles and have figured out how to overcome them easily.
- Get our kids excited to be out of diapers, so that they WANT to learn to use the potty quickly, too.
- Give them opportunities to get excited about using the potty, by giving them coloring sheets and books.
- You can download this 13-page coloring book that I made for them for
What I look for:
- Pretending to go to the bathroom
- Pretending to wipe
- Interested in body parts
- Having a dry diaper for more than an hour
- Interested in watching others use the bathroom
- Wanting to flush the toilet
- Interested in toilets
Helpful Potty Training Resources:
What Do You Need Before You Get Started?
- A clock
- Cleaning supplies (for that first day)
- A training toilet (free comparison chart available with the purchase of the book)
- Potty Train in a Weekend book with a break-down of EXACTLY what to do
- Underwear (I will tell you the specific ones that I use).
- Books or coloring books to keep in the bathroom.
- I suggest this 13-page coloring book. It
sells for $5.99is free for a limited time.
If you decide to order the book, Potty Train in a Weekend, You will also have the book, Potty Train in a Weekend and you will have access to my Private Facebook Group for Potty Training Parents.
This book has been helpful to so many readers…
Ps- A Helpful tip that I forgot to mention!
I use these BabyLeggings when I potty train! I can keep them naked, but warm. (If you click here and use the promo code YMF5, you will get them for FREE!)