Do you want to know my very favorite Meatless meal ever? This is it. I could cook it every night, but Mickey & the kids would get tired of it WAY before I would. ♥
This recipe for Yellow Rice and Beans is great! It has peppers & cheese, as well, so it gives it an amazing flavor! It can be used with chicken for a full meal.
Ingredients for Yellow Rice and Beans
- 2-3 cans black beans
- Bag/Box of Brown rice
- A bag of Saffron Rice
- 3 peppers (I get the multi-colored pack at Aldi)
- 1 chopped onion
How to make Yellow Rice and Beans
I want to start by telling you that you can use all yellow rice if you prefer, but I like to add a little brown rice, too.
To begin making this recipe, you just need to cook your rice, according to the directions on the package. While the rice is cooking, start washing your peppers. Once they are washed, cut them into small pieces.
You can also add onions if you want to add a bit more flavor. This is optional, but I always add them. Now you are going to Saute’ the peppers and onions, together, until they are soft.
While cooking your vegetables, get your baking dish ready by spraying it with a bit of non-stick spray.
When the rice is finished cooking, drain it and place it into your non-stick baking dish.
After the peppers are soft, but not translucent, you will transfer them to a baking dish.
Mix everything together and then sprinkle cheese on top (I use Sargento Shredded Reduced Fat, four Cheese, Mexican, because it is a little less fat than other cheeses) – be sure to use enough cheese to really cover it.
- 2-3 cans black beans (rinsed/drained)
- Bag/Box of brown rice
- Bag of Saffron Rice
- 3 peppers (I like green, yellow & red)
- 1 bag cheddar cheese
1. Cook your rice, according to the directions on the package. While the rice is cooking, start washing your peppers. Once they are washed, cut them into small pieces.
2. Saute’ the peppers and onions (optional), together, until they are soft.
3. When the rice is finished cooking, drain it and place it into your non-stick baking dish.
4. When peppers are soft, transfer them to a baking dish
5. Mix everything together.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top.
7. Bake it at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
8. Enjoy! I add a little sour cream & it is delicious!
Eighth- Bake it at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted:
Ninth– Top it with sour cream…
Tenth (last step)- You can sprinkle a little more cheese on top…
It seriously is SO good!
Another Meatless Meal you Might Like…