This Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix makes the best Christmas Cookies!
I love this Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix – it’s one of my favorite Christmas Cookies.
When I give these cookies as a gift, I add a handmade touch with a little card. This homemade jar of Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix with a little note or card is the perfect way to show someone that you care.
It is simple to make and doesn’t take much time. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, either, which makes it even better in my eyes. 🙂
Ingredients In the Jar:
12 hard peppermint candies
¼ granulated sugar
1 ⅓ cups of all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp instant espresso powder
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup 60% cacao chocolate chips
How do you assemble the Peppermint Cookies Mix into the Jar?
First, place the peppermint candies into a blender or a food processor and pulse into a fine powder.
Next, Take 1/3 of the candy powder and place it into a small bowl.
Add the granulated sugar to the small bowl with candy and stir until combined.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
Next, Remove ⅔ cup flour mixture and add it to another bowl and stir in espresso powder.
Pour ⅓ cup flour mixture into a wide mouth 1-quart jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Add ⅓ cup espresso mixture, ½ cocoa, ¼ cup brown sugar, all of the candy mixture, ¼ cup brown sugar, a balance of flour, espresso mixture, cocoa and then brown sugar.
Finish with ½ cup chocolate chips.
Seal jar tightly.
Attach a gift tag with ribbon.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies DIRECTIONS:
To prepare the cookies for baking:
- You will need ¾ cup Land O Lakes® butter softened, 1 egg and 1 jar Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Mix
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter in a large bowl at medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg and beat until blended.
- Butter mixture may appear curdled and this is completely normal.
- Add contents of jar and beat at low speed until blended.
- Roll 2 Tbsp dough into a ball.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are set and tops of cookies appear dry and cracked.
- Cool cookies for 10 minutes
- Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
We love to gift our friends, party/dinner hostesses and teachers with little handmade cookies, complete with tags on mason jars (my favorite). It is such a beautiful way to do something special. The little things that make a big difference to the people that we care about.
For more buttery holiday baking ideas and inspiration, check out Land O’Lakes’ newest holiday recipes! ADD A LITTLE GOOD™ was sponsored by Land O’Lakes, Inc.