These candy cane chocolate bowls are perfect for candy or ice cream. These are fun and you can substitute the candy canes for anything (sprinkles for birthday parties, etc…) and you can fill it with ice cream, marshmallows, candy, etc…
Ok… here goes. Get ready for a lot of directions (I just wanted to make it easy for to understand exactly how to do it).
- Blow up balloons ( no bigger than) 6-8 inches.
- Tie off with a knot.
- Wash the balloon.
- Spray each balloon with a vegetable spray; this will make it much easier to remove the set chocolate bowl at the end.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush candy canes and place them in a bowl.
- Melt Chocolate candy melts in a microwave or in this (made just for chocolate!). DO NOT overcook it.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for about 5-10 minutes, because if you dip it too quickly it will pop the balloon (if the chocolate is hot).
- After you dip it, move quickly to put it onto the parchment paper.
- Dip the balloon, holding it by the knot. Dip it at an angel and only dip it until it is about 1/4 of the way up the balloon. Dip until it is covered as far as you want.
- Remove the balloon & let the chocolate drip until the excess is gone.
- Dip it in your crushed candy.
- Pour a little chocolate (melted) onto parchment paper and place the balloon on it.
- Freeze about 10 minutes
- Remove from freezer.
- Remove the bowl from the spot on the parchment paper (use a knife to slide it under it to help remove it)
- Remove from freezer and pop the balloon.
- Fill & enjoy!