This recipe for Healthy spinach tortellini soup is adapted from weight watchers. Most of the time I actually leave the tortellini out, but Mickey likes it much better when I add it to the recipe. 🙂 Either way- it is good! This is a very QUICK, EASY soup. It takes about five minutes to make and then we eat it for lunch for the next few days. (ps- or even for a quick snack)
- 4-6 c. chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 (14-oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- (OPTIONAL) 1 (9-oz.) package fresh tortellini (The soup is still great without the tortellini)
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach chopped or a box or bag (I will normally use a bag of fresh spinach)
- some salt and pepper to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat chicken broth.
- Add tomatoes
- Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions
- When the tortellini is almost done, add the chopped spinach. (I will just throw in a full bag of fresh spinach – open & toss in)
- Taste and add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
If you omit the tortellini (My mom also likes it without the tortellini, so I’m not the only one ), just heat the soup to a boil. Turn the heat off, put some in a bowl & Sprinkle with cheese (this makes the soup taste fantastic- it just melts in there!)
If I make some for our kids, I will let them put the cheese on themselves. It’s our daughter’s favorite meal. She asks for it at least once a week. She’ll even ask for it for breakfast (she likes it without the tortellini).
Looking for more quick meals? Try this one… French Dip Sandwich (low calorie)