This is my favorite time of year, so I had to share these 25 Activities for Christmas Morning … yay!
We usually pick out a handful of fun Christmas activities to enjoy as a family and it makes every year special. Start your own list by using some of these great ideas for Christmas activities.
Before you begin – you’re welcome to download these free Letters to (and from) Santa.
(1) Use last year’s Christmas cards to make puzzles for your children.
(2) Make a wreath using torn paper.
(3) Decorate cookies together as a family.
(4) Watch an old Christmas movie (It’s a Wonderful Life & White Christmas are my favorites… the kids like them, too.)
(5) Print off some Christmas Coloring Sheets to have on hand for the kids.
(6) Use a simple nativity set to share the Christmas story.
(7) Use Noodles to make ornaments.
(8) Recycle your toilet paper roll to make a reindeer.
(9) Make your own salt dough ornaments to decorate the tree with.
(10) Use a ready to build craft for a fuss-free activity.
(11) Put together a bucket list for the month of December.
(12) Make some Christmas play dough to use for the month.
(13) Use felt to make a Christmas tree.
(14) Make Character Ornaments can create a fun ornament.
(15) Start a list of ways you are grateful with this calendar.
(16) Getting a lot of bubble wrap in packages? Use it for a craft.
(17) Take time to slow down and enjoy the moments.
(18) Give your kids a fun “Christmas Tradition” of things (the things they probably need anyway, but now they are more fun!): new pajamas, new slippers, a new hairbrush, a new Toothbrush (we love these FireFly Toothbrushes that have the little light-up timers on them!).
(19) A Simple Construction Paper wreath will keep the little ones busy.
(20) Make a paper plate Christmas tree.
(21) Put together a night before Christmas box.
(22) Go on a candy cane hunt (we love to do this at my parents’ house. The kids look forward to it every single year!)
(23) Create a felt nativity scene together.
(24) Decorate gingerbread men together.
(25) Work together to create a memorable handprint plate for a gift for the grandparents.
My favorite one… look for Jesus in the yard. When you find Him, have your kids put one of these little coloring sheets in their mailbox. (print it out here)
What will you add to your list of Activities for Christmas Morning this year?
they all look like a lot of fun activities!thanks
Love your site. Thank you for always having great ideas for all occasions and events. The encouragement and beautiful messages
These are great ideas however going to church on Christmas Day morning is my favourite activity of all to do with my family
It helps my children to see the true meeting of Christmas and they realise that it is not all about finite things
It gives them the big picture , the spiritual component of Christmas that is the most important thing about the whole day
I love celebrating Jesus birth
Singing wonderful songs about Him reading about his birth in the bible and praying
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year
Becky (Your Modern Family) says
Agreed-we go in the evening, but a morning service would be great, as well.:)
perry tehrani says
These are some fabulous ideas! Great activities to break up the day and do things together with family and relatives.