Baking during the holidays is a tradition in our home at Simple Acres. We always have those recipes that are made every year, but I love to find new recipes to make that add fun to the season for my family. With the busy lives we lead as moms we need new recipes that are as simple as they are fun. My Easter Bunny Bottom Cookies are the perfect solution to quench your need for a new recipe that your family will love!
Soft, furry, impeccably innocent, precious baby bunny bottoms! Who doesn’t want to take a nibble out of that cute thought? Well, not the REAL ones BUT these sweet treats will be irresistible! What’s amazing about this recipe is that it simpler than they may appear.
Sugar Cookie Ingredients from All Recipes
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Best Buttercream Frosting Ingredients from Meaningful Mama
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, or about 8 cups (sifted for best results)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
Sugar Cookie Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar in a medium mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time then vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough out flat and use a circular cookie cutter to form your cookies.
- For the bunny feet roll out almond size balls of dough flat to form the ovals needs.
- Place cookies 1 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on edges. Allow cookies and bunny feet to cool on a cooling rack before frosting.
Best Buttercream Frosting Directions
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter until fluffy. Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing a bit between each addition. When adding sugar, you will want to start the mixer slowly. Continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- For coloring, I used a few drops of my chosen food dye colors.
To assemble your Easter Bunny Bottom Cookies, frost your cookie then place the bunny feet on top as pictured. You may need to add a small spread of frosting on the bottom of the bunny feet to better attach them to the cookie. Use ready made frosting pens, you can find in the baking isle, to decorate to toes. Lastly, add a small marshmallow between the feet, as pictured below, to make your bunny bottom cookies as cute as can be!
There you have it my friends! A sweet, simple and FUN new recipe to try this Spring with your family! Who knew a cute bunny tail would offer such inspiration! If you loved this post you may also enjoy inspiration on how to make these cute cupcakes or be inspired by this fun video on how to encourage more fruit and vegetable intake for your children! Create, Inspire and Savor life! Dovidenia. XO