This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
Today I wanted to share these adorable Bunny Sprinkle Cookies with you… just in time for spring! They are just as cute as our Bunny Bottom Cookies!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Last week, when I picked our daughter up from preschool, she got into the car and asked: “Mom? Can we make Bunny cookies?” After learning about different seasons at school, she was ready to talk about spring and bake spring cookies.
I’m always up for baking cookies, so we stopped by Food Lion on our way home and grabbed the ingredients. We pass Food Lion every day after preschool, so it’s an easy stop. When I’m grabbing groceries from Food Lion, I use Shop & Earn, so I always have personalized offers ready to go.
Food Lion saves us more money by using Shop & Earn. It’s so easy to use (in the palm of my hand) & it’s fun to see how much you can save- on average, there are over $20 in offers each month.
How it works: You just sign up for a digital account, or sign up for their app, and activate new personalized offers and savings each month. Once you’ve earned a reward, it will come off automatically on your next shopping trip. Shop & Earn is a new and easy approach to digital loyalty.
So, I was able to save about $5 just by shopping with Shop & Earn. I opened my e-mail to check out the savings and I had a lot of great savings. I earned $2 by spending $10 in produce. I earned $3 by spending $20 on Frozen Foods. On top of those Shop & Earn rewards, I was also able to use my MVP coupons to save 35 cents off of a bag of sugar. Overall, I left with more savings & rewards earned than I had expected, on items I typically buy.
After we picked up all of our ingredients, we started working on our Spring Cookies. They turned out great!
Bunny Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 bag of bright pink candy melts
- 1 wilton number 3 piping tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg together until creamy and combined.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tarter and baking soda
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out some dough and form into a ball.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out some dough and round it out. You will need about 3 small balls of dough for every big dough ball
- Place a large dough ball onto the cookie sheet and add 3 small dough balls and lightly push down so that when it bakes they bake into each other
Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown
- While the cookies are baking place the pink candy melts onto a paper towel
- Using 4 candy melts per cookies, leaving 1 candy melt for the middle of the paw
- Using the tip, push it down into the remaining candy melts so that you have 3 small dots for the toes of the paws
Once the cookies are done baking, place the large candy melt into the center of the cookie and then the little candy melts into the toes of the cookie
- Let cookies cool completely before enjoying!