This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Welcome back to my free easy menu plans! Nothing fancy… just regular meals for a busy family (6 of us). 🙂
All of these meals are served with vegetables (usually the steam-in-a-bag, a side (like sweet potatoes, hash brown casserole or salad) and rolls or bread/butter.
MONDAY- Tonight we had Beef Stroganoff with ground turkey. Here is how you make it.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can of mushrooms or cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (our favorite is Simply, by Kraft)
- Optional- 1 clove of minced garlicIt is easy to make… Boil your noodles. While that is cooking, brown the meat (until it is no longer pink) and drain it. In a large skillet, sauté your cut-up onion (diced) in butter for a few minutes until it the onions are soft (maybe 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the mushrooms if they are fresh (& the garlic) and continue to cook. If you are using canned mushrooms, just heat them up for a minute.
Stir in the soup and sour cream. Add the noodles.
Chicken Casserole: I loved this one because I had most of the ingredients and it seriously took me about 10 minutes to have it in the oven. That’s my kind of dinner.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwich – 4 ingredients (yes, you read the correctly… that is probably why I made it). 🙂 It was really easy and I love crock pot meals. Plus, the kids loved it.
Ham (I just bought one of those 1/2 hams, with the glaze, when it was on sale this weekend). I will serve it with my favorite: green bean casserole (this recipe has bacon because Beau loves bacon so much!)
FRIDAY: Soup & sandwiches…
The soup is Low-Fat Potato Soup:
And the sandwiches are club sandwiches with an egg on them:
SATURDAY: Mickey is making his favorite wings for the kids for after Jack’s football game. I’ll probably just serve this with fruit salad for the kids (grapes, cut up apples, bananas, oranges, peaches, strawberries… all in a bowl)