Welcome back to week three of our menu plan – easy, simple meals that our family will eat (and hopefully enjoy, but that might be stretching it with 4 young kids!) If you missed menu plan week 1 or menu plan week 2, you can find more recipes there!
This week, we have a lot of chicken meals, because Mickey stocked up on fresh chicken at the store and instead of freezing it, he just prepped it. (A time saver, for sure!)
Ps- I serve each meal with vegetables and a side.
Monday- Turkey Burgers.
We just take ground turkey meat, season it with a little salt & pepper before they are cooked, shape them into patties and put them on the skillet. Cook both sides until FULLY COOKED and serve warm. I am going to serve these with sweet potatoes, because they are my favorite! I cut them in half, after they are cooked and put butter, cinnamon and sugar on them. This probably takes away the reason for eating them (health) but they are seriously so good and we all love them this way. (ps- a little of the toppings goes a long way!)
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Tuesday- Chicken Salsa in the crockpot.
Oh my goodness gracious- this one is SO good & so easy. Now, my little tip is that I stop at Moe’s (the restaurant) and pick up a “catering sized bag of chips” for $5. It is double the size of a bag that you buy in the store and they are fresh. I use this to scoop the chicken dish. The kids love it this way, too. Find my brother’s fiesta crockpot chicken recipe here.
Wednesday: Cheese-it Chicken
- 1 box cheese-it crackers
- Oil (canola or olive)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- In a ziplock baggie, crush up about 1/2 of a box of Cheeze-It crackers (I used a rolling pin, after letting the air out of the baggie)
- Dip the raw chicken bites into oil (I use olive or canola)
- Take the chicken out of the oil & put them into the crushed up
- Coat the oiled chicken bites with the cheese-it crackers or any type of cheese cracker- they make several organic kinds if you would rather that (I just left them in the bag & threw the chicken in and shook it & repeated this until I used all of the chicken.)
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed up Cheeze-Its. on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt when they come out of the oven if desired.This recipe is SO good. Seriously- the kids will gobble it down without question and you will wish that you had made more.
Thursday – Spinach Soup (Our kids actually love this recipe)
You can find the recipe at the link above. It is another favorite. Probably not the lowest calorie recipe on this week’s menu, but probably one of my favorite fall meals.
Friday- Avocado Wraps
You hardly need any ingredients for this, so that is probably why it is a favorite for me. Now, I will say that our kids don’t like this, so I usually make them these Pizza Twists while we eat the avocado wraps.
Saturday – Chicken Tacos with Lime
Sunday- Dinner out with our family ♥