Oh, how I love Green Bean Casserole – seriously! It is my favorite! I hope that you love this recipe as much as I do!
Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
- 2 (12-oz) packages steam-in-bag green beans
- 1 (8-oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-oz) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.8-oz) container French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook beans in the microwave, as directed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once after 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add to beans in a bowl.
- Cook bacon in a skillet, until crisp. Crumble bacon, and add to beans. Reserve 1 Tbsp drippings in skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in drippings until tender. Add to beans.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and cheese.
- Spoon into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with French fried onions.
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.