Welcome to Week 6 of our free menu plan. I have to say that writing out our menu plans here for you, keeps us more organized, too!
Tuesday: General Tso’s Chicken (so so easy!)
Ok – so this is a little ‘cheat’ way to make this meal. We pound the chicken really thin and slice it really thin and into pieces. We cook it in our skillet and when it is cooked, we add a bag of Stir-Fry Vegetables (frozen). When it is all cooked, we add a container of General Tso’s sauce that we buy for $2.50 at the Chinese restaurant in town.
Serve with steamed rice.
Chicken breasts in the panini maker (I just put a little salt & pepper on it).
Southwestern Quinoa Salad (really good!)
Thursday: Pretzel Chicken
- Boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- two cups finely crushed pretzels (I put it into a bag & crush it with a rolling pin)
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line backing sheet with foil & spray PAM (or non-stick spray)
- Pound the chicken breasts down until they are really thin & then cut into strip (or pieces if you want nuggets)
- Combine the salt/pepper with the flour.
- Beat your eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip each chicken strip in flour, then egg, then pretzels.
- Lay on the baking dish.
- When you are done, sprinkle MORE pretzels over any that look sparse.
- Spray each one with nonstick spray (the tops of them).
- Bake about 15 minutes. (turn halfway). Check one before you take them out of the oven. If they are not done, return them to the oven.
If you are doing nuggets, you may only need 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with honey-mustard
The kids will eat chicken nuggets or grilled cheese, but Mickey and I are having my favorite soup: Weight Watchers Spinach Tortellini Soup. It is VERY easy to make and I could really eat it every single day. I just sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top of each bowl-full and it melts in.
hmm… I might have to move this up to earlier in the week. Now I’m in the mood for it!
Sunday- Dinner at my parent’s house, probably. 🙂