These Low-Calorie Egg Cups are a great way to start off your day with a nutritious and low-calorie breakfast option! I like to make a couple of batches of these and have in the fridge ready to grab and go on busy days!
Over the last couple of months, I’ve really been trying to jump back into healthy eating and get myself back on track! After all, it is only a couple of weeks away from summer shorts and swimsuit weather! Ahhhh!
Something that I’ve found that really helps me do this is to start off the day on the right foot! If I start out eating donuts and muffins, I’m just setting myself up for failure but if I make something like these Low-Calorie Egg Cups I know that my day is will be awesome! I love to have these with our Breakfast Banana Split, too!
Did you guys see the Lose Weight, Gain Energy course? This recipe is going to fit perfectly into the course, so if you’re enrolled in it, be sure to save this recipe! If you’re not in the course, be sure to stop by and check it out! It’s how my husband was able to lose 30+ pounds in 6 weeks!
How to Make Low-Calorie Egg Cups
Ingredients You Need
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Asparagus, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper, Any color
- 1/4 Cup Mushroom, Diced
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Shredded Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over heat.
- Add the asparagus, pepper, and mushroom and saute until it’s slightly cooked.
- Spray a muffin tin with Non-Stick Spray, divide the cooked veggies between the 12 muffin cups.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a small bowl.
- Divide between the 12 muffin cups (pour it evenly filling the 12 cups).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top after you remove it from the oven.
Don’t these look delicious? You can change them up a little too by adding some fresh-made Pico de Gallo or salsa or even your favorite breakfast meat like bacon, sausage or ham. Just know that these changes will slightly change the calories in each egg cup.
If you are ready to eat healthier, try one of these two courses:
1). Lose Weight, Gain Energy Course (every week of meals planned for you. Snack ideas, too!):
2). 21 Days of Whole Food – everything you need (grocery lists, menu plan, etc…):
You might also like this post: How to start eating clean… when you don’t know where to start!