Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year~ the build up to Christmas, the programs at church, the music, the decorations, the smells… It is even more fun now that we have children and we can see those little faces light up on Christmas morning! I am excited just thinking about it!
It is definitely a fun time to shop, but it can also be a time when people tend to over-spend because we like to buy presents for this person & that person. I love seeing my family and friend’s faces when I give them a gift that is perfect for them. I personally start shopping on January 1st for Christmas the following year- my Mom taught me to do this. (This is how I am able to be a (part time) stay at home mom on one income – because I wait for the super-low clearance prices on everything! haha!) Nevertheless, I am always in the Christmas-shopping mood this time of year and I love to find great gifts for my family and friends!
Today, I am going to share some FREE gifts for Christmas and some almost FREE gifts. I hope that you find something that works for you. Happy (Christmas) Shopping!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- First- if you know a new mom or mom-to-be (or if you are a Mom!) here are some great FREE gifts for you…
Use the code YMF4 on any of these sites to get the item for free- you just pay shipping!
- www.SevenSlings.com is our first one. This baby carrier is great for newborns up to toddlers. You can pick from a huge variety of styles and colors. Use the code YMF4 to get this for FREE. (savings of $40)
Look- you can even embroider them now. CUTE!
- This next one is MY FAVORITE because I have it and I LOVE IT! I really do! I have a pretty pink one for our baby girl (with 3 big brothers). I love it because it keeps the germs out and it keeps people from waking her when she is asleep & we are out. Just go to carseatcanopy.com to get this for free ($50 savings)
OH- and you pick the color/style.
- I breastfed each of our children (I have nursed them and I’ve exclusively pumped for two of them for a year) – but with all four kids I’ve used this pillow. I used it to bottle feed & nurse them. I’ve used it for helping them learn to sit and for working on tummy time. You can get this for free ($40 value) right now at www.NursingPillow.com with the code YOURMODERNFAMILY1
- This is a great cover! I used this when I was nursing our babies and when I had to pump for our babies. I had the purple one, too. You can see your baby when they are nursing and it still covers you completely. This is free right now at www.uddercovers.com with the code YMF4 (save $35)
Baby Leggings – Go to Babyleggings.com and use the code YMF4 to get 5 free pairs of these adorable baby leggings!!
- A great gift for a neighbor, friend or family member is to make something and put it in a jar. I love this Potato Soup in a Jar because it is personal, pretty & very practical.
- This is a gift that our kid’s grandparents have LOVED. It was easy to make and the cost is just the cost of the prints (free on our computer) and the cost of the frame ($5 at Walmart)
- ~Personalized coloring book with your child’s pictures. Here is a post about it from my friend, Paula at Beauty Through Imperfection. My sister in law did this for our kids & they loved it.
- ~Cheap & very personal photo-book keepsake idea titled What Every Grandma wants for Christmas (& I’d have to agree!)
- ~ Make a video of your kids singing songs and telling stories. Ask them questions that they can answer. Put it on a DVD for family. When I was in High School, I made a video where I just talked & talked. I sat in my living room and talked for about an hour. I gave it to my (now) husband to take to college. I’m pretty sure that he never watched it, but if he missed me, he could just turn it on & there I was. haha!
- ~Babysitting Certificate. If you have a friend, give her a “free night out” babysitting certificate. (You figure its worth about $60 or more!)
Peppermint Play dough – this is a great gift idea for kids!
- ~OneTipsyChick shared this tip with me: Certificates for (overnight) baby sitting, yard work, dinner – they delivered hot meals, a house-cleaning and other task/services they would have paid for.
- DIY Creativity Box – this is such a fun and free idea! You can spend as much or as little as you want!
- How about this one for making key fobs for stocking stuffers – they would probably only cost about a dollar each or even less. So Sew Easy is sharing this idea with us: Making little key fobs for your keys. I love these.
DIY Rustic Cake Stand from PrettyHandyGirl.com
- DIY personalized clipboard from PrettyHandyGirl:
- Natural Living Mamma dry skin lotion bar is a great gift for family.
I would love to put these in a little mason jar (one on top of the other) with a ribbon & a little tag.
- Hand painted Santa & Christmas Sign
- ~Wrap a plate of baked goods. My friend, Kristy, does this for her family every year. My husband’s Aunt Donna does this, too.
Isn’t it fun to think about holiday shopping (and gift-making?)
PS- did you see 10 BEST PERSONALIZED GIFTS FOR KIDS
If you have some ideas, please share them in the comments. I am ALWAYS on the hunt for great ideas! Thanks!
In the meantime, check out my Pinterest Boards for some more great ideas that I have pinned from other sites.