Updated with more free educational subscriptions! School closures due to the spread of this virus is leaving parents, teachers, and students looking for options. While many of us will be homeschooling our children, we will also be looking for resources. Thankfully, many gracious companies have dropped the price to join their website, allowing students to use their resources for free.
As a former teacher, I have been getting emails left and right from friends, sharing links to these websites. There are so many educational resources available, from free math websites to free trial subscriptions to all day remote learning. I’ve seen amazing lists on Google Spreadsheets, lists of learning activities & websites on school websites and lists on friend’s Facebook Pages. I compiled the links of my favorite websites, apps & courses from all of these resources to share today.
I also made a list of Free Resources for Schools & Teachers Shifting Online Due to School Closings.
You are also welcome to join the Facebook Group where we are sharing ideas to keep our kids busy & learning at home.
Online Educational Companies That are Offering FREE Subscriptions
You can also download this list here:
Download & Print this Ultimate List by Clicking Here!
TIP: Once you print the list, keep it by the computer for quick reference
- Kindergarten Sight Word List (download & print the list for free)
- YouTube’s New Website: Learn At Home – Virtual Field Trips, Educational Videos by Subject, and more.
- Khan Academy – Our kids use this for math & it’s so helpful! See their suggestions & website resources here.
- Ted-Ed@home – I’m sure you’ve heard of TED talks- these Ted-Ed videos are lessons for students, parents & teachers covering all topics.
- Raz Kids – Free for 90 Days (books, comprehension & more)
- Duolingo – free app to teach another language. It starts with a personalized quiz to help you learn where to start
- BBC Bitesize– Free site with small lessons to support the National Curriculum: geography, history & more. Ages 3 – 16+
- KiwiCo.com: Quick & easy at-home science, building & DIY projects curated for kids 2-18
- Literacy Trust’s Family Zone – Engaging activities for reading, writing & language development. Includes audiobooks & activity sheets.
- ABC mouse (Age of Learning) For children Pre-k-2nd grade. Game & activities to teach all subject areas
- Beanstalk – Free (fun) video & interactive lessons, experiments & more (cooking, reading, math, health, etc…)
- Basho and Friends – Free Spanish Lessons for 3 months
- MathScore.com Free home use account for online math practice and assessment.
- Xtra Math – Math games for kids!
- Prodigy: Prodigy is an engaging, curriculum-aligned math platform for students and teachers from 1st – 8th grade.
- Belouga online learning platform where students & teachers learn about the world, with the world
- BedTime Math Engaging, research-proven math activities for kids
- Dreambox– Award-winning K-8 online math program that looks at how a student is solving problems to adjust accordingly and build a unique learning path for them. 90 days free if you sign up by April 30.
- Mystery Science – Digital video mini-lessons for science subjects K-5.
- Scholastic They are providing the equivalent of three hours of learning opportunities per day, including projects based on articles and stories, virtual field trips, reading and geography challenges, etc.. Scholastic learn at home is awesome!
- Pebble Go – Safe, interactive online research resources on topics selected by their teachers for students K-3.
- Virtual Field Trips – let kids K-8 travel anywhere with virtual field trips. Email email@example.com for 60 days free.
- Zearn – Kids learn the same math concepts twice: once with their teacher & once independently in self-paced digital lessons.
- Arcademic free multiplayer educational games, math games, language arts games, and more!
- Time Management Course Time Management mini-course from Bigger Brains
- Discovery Education– free access to Discovery Education (digital textbooks & more) for the remainder of the school year
- BrainPop.com Animated Educational Site: Science, Social Studies, English, Math, Arts & Music, Health, & Technology.
- Busy Kids Piano – Free month of piano lessons with coupon code PIANOATHOME
- Circle Time Fun – Follow along through preschool lessons for kids 0-6 years – free with code homefun1
- Colosky’s Math Academy – free 3-week Math course for each grade
- Cool Math Games – Math Games for kids
- Country Reports – Learn about every country (culture, food, location & more)
- Kahoot! A game-based learning platform: Easy to create, share & play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes.
- Times Tables Rockstars – Free multiplication help for 60 days with daily times tables practice
- Numbots – Addition & Subtraction practice
- Seterra: Seterra is the ultimate map quiz site (countries, states, capitals & more!)
- Pronto: connects people via chat and video, so they can learn faster, work smarter, and communicate seamlessly
- BookCreator App An easy digital book-making tool with limitless options (k-12)
- Typing Club: A typing course online to teach letter location on the keyboard & which fingers to use to type.
- Twig Education – Free Science videos & Lessons for K-5
- Tynker Everything needed to learn computer programming the fun way. Ages 5+
- Buncee Build media-rich lessons, reports, newsletters, presentations and so much more
- Pear Deck (free semester!) Lets students interact with teacher presentations from any device. (Google Slides, PDFs…)
- Kamian online document annotation and markup tool to highlight, underline, and strikethrough text.
- Reading Eggs – Free for 30 days (Helps kids learn to read in 4 weeks)
- Parlay Ideas Students read prompt & then submit a response to the discussion area. Peers join in on the discussion.
- Elementari– Learn coding beginning w/ simple picture books, then code the stories to play music, sounds, & animations
- EdPuzzle– Video Platform that collects data as students watch and interact with the video
- Wakelet– Teachers can save articles, videos, images, Tweets and more in one place to share with students.
- Twinkl lesson plans, schemes of work, assessment, interactive activities, games, resource packs, PowerPoints, etc.
- Hapara Enables teachers to organize their students and their assignments, track their activity and progress and dynamically personalize instruction across different metrics.
- MangaHigh game-based learning platform for primary and secondary school mathematics.
- Vooks – A streaming library of animated children’s storybooks (like Netflix for books)
- Listenwise Collection of podcasts & public radio stories. Build student listening skills. (English, SS, Science, ESL)
- MobyMax provides K-8 teachers with content, assessments, and activities for all topics in 27 subjects
- Seterra Geography
- We Video online video editor designed to make it easy to capture, create, view and share movies
- HeadSprout– Free for 90 days
- Screencastify – great way to video for students!
- Mystery Science – my sister in law just told me about this one!
- Wonderopolis A fun, educational site that helps kids ask and answer interesting questions about the world.
- Age of Learning
- HippoCampus– 7,000 free videos in 13 subject areas
- HOMER – Free Learning app for kids ages 2-8 (great coloring pages, daily schedules, learning games & more)
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Carmen Sandiego – Free lessons, posters, activities, etc. for subjects & growth mindset
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Math at Work– Videos and Lesson Plans
- ICivics– educational online games & lesson plans to encourage students to become active citizens.
- Ideas Roadshow– Lessons in all subjects. (Learn how to use their temporarily free resources with their free webinar)
- iCompute– Teaching computer games & skills for kids ages 3-11 (look for the red “COVID-19” button).
- IDEA– Free online classes on coding, social media & online skills
- IDE Corp. – activities, worksheets & lessons for all subjects
- InThinking – Help students to prepare effectively for exams.
- Inq-ITS – Free virtual labs (must sign in by April 1, 2020)
- InScribe – College Q&A with experts: free access through spring term
- InScribe Continuity Planning and Support Community– A teachers community forum
- i-Ready– free printable K-8 Math and Reading packets for students
- i-Ready Practice Packs At-home packs are free for K-8 Math & Reading
- IXL – Free k-12 subscription for 90 days plus a webinar to learn how to homeschool your children.
- Inventing Heron – curriculum about career discovery
- Writing Legends – lesson plans & help for writers Grades 3-8
- Izzit.org– entertaining & educational videos come with tons of additional resources
- Jen Henson ACT Prep – ACT/SAT punctuation guide and ACT practice tests (high school students)
- JoVE – Education video content free to use in STEM teaching efforts through June 15th.
- K12MovieGuides – free maps & free movie reports/comparison worksheets
- K-5 Math Teaching Resources – printable math resources for K-5
- K5Technology Curriculum- 3 weeks of free access to 18 technology lessons and activities
- Kahoot! The premium for the rest of the year for educators.
- Kami- access to all tools & features available in Kami: Integrations w. Google Classroom, Schoology and Canvas.
- 2Simple – Purple Mash: Spelling & grammar ideas & games, Math tools, writing templates & more.
We will update this as sites are submitted or added.
Newly added sites will be added to the below list…
✅The San Diego Zoo– Website for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!
✅Access Mars Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅FarmFood 360: 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs.
✅Switch Zoo is a place to play educational games about zoo animals
✅PBS Kids – games, videos & ideas.
✅The Lourve Virtual Tour Virtual Tour to Paris, France to explore The Louvre.
✅The China Guide allows you to explore the Great Wall of China with this virtual tour.
✅British Museum – Virtual Tour of the London Museum filled with ancient artifacts
✅ Seussville Play with Dr. Seuss: Read books, play educational games & activities.
✅Kids National Geographic -Geography and animals
✅All Kids Network: Crafts, mazes, games & activities
✅Back Pack Science – Hands-on Elementary science videos
✅HighLights – Highlights for kids has some great resources! Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities
✅ClickSchooling brings you daily recommendations by email for entertaining websites that help your kids learn.
✅Reading Ecb Games that go along with books for reading comprehension
✅Big History Project – Online history classes for all ages preteen through adults
✅Biology Simulations online
✅Breakout – Educational games K-12
✅Bunk History – online archives of events in History
✅Can Figure It – Geometry Help & lessons online
✅Defusion – Resources for Spanish practice
✅Chalk Academy – Chinese learning activities
✅Music Lab – Music ideas & activities for all ages
✅Play Mada Games: Chemistry Games for Highschoolers online
✅Common Lit: Stories that focus on comprehension & discussion. Grades 3-12
✅ConJugueMos – Learn another language: Vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games in Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Korean, and Latin.
✅Curriki: ages 3-18: Digital learning content for preschool through high school
✅Delta Math A wide range of math content from middle school through AP Calculus.
✅Scholastic Classroom: Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
✅Dog-on-a-Log-Book: Printable board games, activities and more for phonics and reading all using evidence-based methods. It can be customized to any student’s needs including creating flashcards for other subjects.
✅Dreambox: K-8 online math program that looks at how a student is solving problems to adjust accordingly and build a unique learning path for them.
✅Squigglepark: Engaging reading games for grades 2-8 that combines strategy, engagement, and imaginative reading passages to create a fun, curriculum-aligned literacy game.
✅EveryDay Earth Interactive video earth science-based curriculum supplement.
✅Facts4Me.com is offering free access for elementary-level students. Go to Log In & then enter the username read & password read
✅App Fiveable – Resources for AP students (reviews, trivia, study maps & guides)
✅Fluency and Fitness – Getting the kids moving while reviewing math & reading skills. Over 900 videos for children ages 4-8
✅GoNoodle® engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
✅Hippo Campus 7,000 free videos in 13 subject areas.
✅Little Spark Printables: Free printables library with activities for children 0-6
✅Little Twisters Yoga: Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans
✅BrainBox Magic Spell is a carefully crafted spelling adventure.
✅Marco Learning Resources for AP students
✅Math Celebrity: Search math problems or terms to see the step-by-step process and answer. Grade 2- college.
✅ Math Playground: K-6 Math games, logic puzzles, and educational resources
✅Music Theory: Introductory and intermediate music theory lessons, exercises, ear trainers, and calculators.
✅NGPF: Free resources, games, learning resources & plans for understanding personal finance
✅Nitro Type: Improve your typing skills while competing in fast-paced races with up to 5 people from around the world.
✅Nomster Chef: Illustrated recipes designed to help kids age 2-12 cook with their grown-ups. Recipes encourage culinary skills, literacy, math, and science.
✅No Red Ink: Writing Practice & Online curriculum that builds better writers.
✅Novel Effect: As you read out loud from print books (or ebooks!) music, sound effects and character voices play at just the right moment, adjusting and responding to your voice.
✅Paragraph Punch: Teaches students how to write a paragraph through an interactive online tutorial
✅PBS Learning Media: PreK-12 digital media service with more than 30,000 learning materials
✅Positive Physics: An online physics problem and video bank designed for conceptual, standard, honors or AP1 physics.
✅Prodigies Music: A colorful music curriculum for kids 1-12 that will teach your kids how to play their first instrument, how to sing in tune & how to understand the language of music! 21 for free
✅Project Explorer: Free videos from around the world from grade 3-12
✅QuaverMusic is offering free access to general music activities to all impacted schools, including free student access at-home
✅Quizlet: For students to practice and master whatever they are learning: History, Wordly-Wise & more.
✅ReadWorks is an online resource of reading passages and lesson plans for students of all levels K-12.
✅Rock: Music Based Spanish Learning
✅Sepuplhs Science simulations, scientist profiles, and other digital resources for middle school science and high school biology
✅Shurley English program for grades K-8 provides a clear, logical, and concrete approach to language arts.
✅Sight Reading Factory – Sight-reading and sight-singing practice exercises.
✅Smart Music: Music practice transformed
✅Spelling city is free right now with code VSCFree90
✅Swork-it: Kid-friendly workouts — choose from Strength for Kids, Agility for Kids, Flexibility and Balance for Kids, Warm-Up for Kids, Cooldown for Kids, Stand Up and Move for Kids, OR create your own custom kid workout.
✅Learn A collection of hundreds of free K-12 STEM resources, from standalone models and simulations to short activities and week-long sequences of curriculum materials.
✅Good & Beautiful: Course sets (Levels 1–5) that combine and thoroughly cover phonics, reading, writing, spelling, literature, grammar, punctuation, art, and geography—all in one easy-to-use, beautiful course.
✅Science Spot – Science projects that can be completed with or without Internet access
✅SpellingTraining Spelling Practice for grades 1-4 grade
✅EdX.org 2,500+ online courses from top institutions
✅Turtle Library: PreK – 5 games for all subjects
✅Coloring Sheets Online digital coloring pages
✅All in one HOMEschool: Every course you could possibly want to homeschool preschool – 8
✅All in One Highschool Every course you could possibly want to homeschool for high school
✅FunFonix Phonics worksheets for kids
✅Free stories online ages 3-12
✅National Geographic Kids (Young Explorers) Grades K-1. Children can listen to the magazine being read to them as they follow along with the highlighted text.
✅EarthQuake: Learn all about earthquakes
✅ChemiCool Learn all about the periodic table
✅Almanac: Farmer’s almanac for kids… Date, weather, moon phase, etc.
✅BBC history for kids (UK): Games, quizzes and fact sheets take kids on a journey through time.
✅NGAkids interactives offer an entertaining and informative introduction to art and art history.
✅YoungZine.com News and more for kids
✅The Story Starter: Randomly generates 356,300,262,144 story starters
✅CryptoClub: Immerse yourself in cryptography
✅GridCLub Math games galore
✅Jigsaw Explorer – Online photograph jigsaw puzzles You can set the pieces from 6-1000+
✅LIFE: Bible story resources early childhood – 6th grade
✅Steve Spangler Science Tons of science experiments that you can do at home
✅Mission.Org An interactive history site for kids
✅Happy Scientist – Explore science, have fun, and learn some science along the way.
✅Magic Tree House– Interactive games based on the book series
✅Grammaropolis Work on the 8 parts of speech
✅Cells Alive: Learn all about cells & biology
✅MetMuseum A wonderful, endlessly detailed way to get kids engaged in the world of art.
✅Geoguessr Tests kids’ geography skills. Using images from Google’s Street View, it plops players down in the middle of the street and asks them to figure out where they are.
✅What Was There: Allows students to type in any city, state, or country to view an archive of historical photographs and other documents. It’s a unique way to help them learn about history.
✅NumberPhile Short videos about numbers that help kids explore complex math topics and make math more fun.
✅Human Studio by BioDigital: A human visualization platform that allows students to explore the human body in really cool ways.
✅Artsology: Helps kids learn to appreciate the arts by providing them with the opportunity to play games, conduct investigations, and explore different forms of art.
✅Virtual Music Instruments: Lets kids play instruments online. Instruments include the guitar, piano, pan flute, drums, and bongos.
✅Preschool Express: Crafts, activities, bulletin board designs, and fingerplays for early education teachers and parents to use with kids.
✅Songs for Teaching: Preschool & Kindergarten songs to teach lessons.
✅Super Simple: Resource section includes free flashcards, coloring pages, worksheets, and other resources for children, teachers, and parents.
✅Overcoming Obstacles: Life skills curriculum for students in grades K-12. Their resources include strategies for teaching social and emotional skills.
✅KoDable Coding for ages 4-10
✅Smithsonian Learning Lab Fun stuff for kids! Awesome interactive games & videos.
✅Cool Kid Facts gives your child access to educational videos, pictures, quizzes, downloadable worksheets, and infographics about geography, history, science, animals, and even the human body.
✅Ben’s Guide: This interactive website, hosted by the U.S. Government Publishing Office, allows your child to see the ins and outs of the U.S. government by taking a series of learning adventures with none other than Benjamin Franklin.
✅Climate Kids This NASA initiative covers a wide range of topics including weather, climate, atmosphere, water, energy, plants, and animals.
✅Ask Dr. Universe is a science-education project from Washington State University. Kids can send Dr. Universe any question they may have about history, geography, plants, animals, technology, engineering, math, culture, and more.
✅Mangahigh Math: Assign math lessons and assess students’ performance online.
✅Prodigy: Prodigy is an engaging, curriculum-aligned math platform for students and teachers from 1st – 8th grade.
✅2Simple – Purple Mash: Spelling & grammar games, Math tools, writing templates & more.
✅Adventure Academy Elementary and middle-school aged children with thousands of learning activities
✅US MINT – Your child can play games, learn fun facts, and find out how to turn coin collecting into a hobby.
✅WeatherWizKids From rainbows to tornadoes and winter storms to tsunamis, meteorologist Crystal Wicker breaks down the fascinating world of weather.
✅Kids Think Design– explores careers in fashion design, graphic design, interior design, book design, product design, film and theatre, architecture, animation, and environmental design.
✅Ocean.si.edu – This educational website hosted by the Smithsonian Museum takes a deep dive into ocean life.
✅Brainscape offers over a million flashcard decks for every subject, entrance exam, and certification imaginable.
✅The Theta Music Trainer offers a series of online courses and games for ear training and music theory.
✅Teach Banzai exposes students to real-world financial dilemmas to teach them the importance of smart money management.
✅Innerbody explores the 11 bodily systems in depth. With interactive models and detailed explanations, this website will help them learn more about the internal mechanics of the amazing human body.
✅Alcumus Art of Problem Solving is specifically designed to provide high-performing students with a challenging curriculum appropriate to their abilities
✅Moby Max – Find and fix learning gaps
✅Dragon Box Math – Algebra games for kids
✅Freddy’s Fractions: Fractions practice
✅Ducksters: Education for kids all topics
✅A Plus Click: Math and logic problems for ages 5 and up to adult
✅Alaskan Wildlife cameras (live)
✅Coding with Star Wars – Build a galaxy with code.
✅Premeditated Leftovers Amphibian unit studies
✅States & Capitals of the US – videos, websites & games to teach kids about the States, including the location, abbreviation, facts and the capital of each state.