Here is a FREE printable list of Kindergarten Sight Words.
PS- Be sure to read these 5 (non-academic) skills that your kids need to know before Kindergarten.
Here is HOW you use this list:
- Introduce your child to the list (show your child, hang it up, read them).
- Read all of the words to your child (every day) and explain that he will be learning a new word every day (or every other day). Be excited about it.
- On day one, see if your child knows any of the words. If they do, put a sticker, a checkmark or a smiley face to the left of the word (there is space for that). If not, that’s OK! He will.
- Every single day, go over the new word, as well as the OLD words that they know. I start out by going over the old words with the sticker and then picking a new word. I say it, spell it, say it again and ask my child to repeat it. During the day, we will talk about that word and go back to the wall where it is hanging to look at it. I do this at least three times. I keep my chart in the pantry, so anytime our kids eat a snack or want to grab something, they see the words.
- Continue to add a sticker, checkmark, or a smiley face to their new words, until the whole list has been completed. From then on, you can just review them every day or every few days.