There is something about warm weather and longer days outside that make having a great dinner with my family even more special. We love to eat on our back porch so we can still be outside, even when we’re winding down for the day. This low-carb Cauliflower “Potato” Salad is a great fit for those days… after you’re done playing outside & you’re ready for a cool, refreshing, light meal for dinner.
This is the perfect salad for anyone trying to eat healthy while still getting a ton of flavor in each bite! I love when I can find a good potato salad, but with this low carb cauliflower potato salad, you won’t even notice the potatoes are missing, except for the fact that it is a lighter-healthier version (so your waste-line will notice!)
Trust me. It is an easy dish to whip up as a side dish, a vegetable, or as a main dish to any weeknight meal plans. Plus, it tastes AMAZING, so everyone will love it.
This chilled Low Carb Cauliflower “Potato” Salad has amazing health benefits. It can easily fit into a ketogenic diet, and the side effects of the vegetables make it a great part of a healthy diet and cut back on some major risk factors.
If you are just starting on your Clean-Eating journey, this is a great way to start. In an effort to eat a healthy diet (and to prevent diseases including heart disease), I try to make as many new & healthy recipes that I can. This cauliflower salad fits the bill!
I love finding different “salads” to make. I make egg salad sandwiches, red potato salads, etc… but this mock potato salad is one of my favorites.
This recipe is full of fresh ingredients: cauliflower, onion, boiled eggs, dill pickle relish (finely diced), but the best part is that it tastes like it’s full of cut potatoes. 🙂
To make the recipe, gather all of your ingredients and get ready for a little cutting & dicing. You can start by chopping the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
Boil the cauliflower for just around 10 minutes.
Once it is cooked and drained, return it to the pot and sprinkle it with salt & pepper. Add in the onion, celery & chopped eggs.
In a smaller bowl, mix your dill pickle relish, mayo, yellow mustard (you can swap this for dijon mustard if you’d rather), salt & pepper.
Pour all of this over your cauliflower & coat it completely.
Pour the cauliflower mixture into a large bowl and garnish with a bit of paprika.
Sometimes I’ll even sprinkle a bit of lemon juice on top (just a bit) for a little extra flavor. Chill it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- ½ cup sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 4 boiled eggs chopped small
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Himalayan pink salt and pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Chop cauliflower into small bite-size pieces.
- Place an inch of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Drain cauliflower and return to pot. Sprinkle the cooked cauliflower with pink salt, then add the chopped egg, onion and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine dill pickle relish, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and toss to completely coat.
- Pour the cauliflower salad into serving bowl and garnish with paprika if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.