Potty training in three days is what we have done with all four of our kids (three boys & a little girl). We even Potty Train in a Weekend! Yes, really! This post has become my most-viewed post and has turned my Potty Train in a Weekend Book into a #1 Amazon best-seller because it really can be done.
I want to share a little excerpt from Potty Train in a Weekend, because I know that everyone can potty train their child quickly, when given the right method.
Potty Train in a WEEKEND? THREE DAYS? Yes, really!
The method of potty training that I use was a method passed onto me from my Grandma (she taught her four children this way and her mother taught her that way). Because it isn’t “modern”, I didn’t have any friends training their kids this way.
I tried it anyway.
Our first son was trained in one day. Our second and third sons were trained in just under three days. Our daughter was trained in three days… in a weekend.
They were each trained by their second birthday. (here they are now…)
What I do NOT do:
- I do not wait until they self-potty train. I teach them.
- I do not give out rewards. They are self-motivated.
- I do not punish them for having accidents.
- I do not wait for them to talk to be potty trained.
- Train them before they are two years old (but I have trained many friends’ and clients’ children that are older)
- Look for readiness signs.
- Cheer for them and praise them when they do well.
- Train them in three days.
- Understand that regression will happen and I have learned to deal with it in specific ways.
- Understand the hurdles and have figured out how to overcome them easily.
- Get our kids excited to be out of diapers, so that they WANT to learn to use the potty quickly, too.
- Give them opportunities to get excited about using the potty, by giving them coloring sheets and books.
- You can download this 13-page coloring book that I made for them for
What I look for:
- Pretending to go to the bathroom
- Pretending to wipe
- Interested in body parts
- Having a dry diaper for more than an hour
- Interested in watching others use the bathroom
- Wanting to flush the toilet
- Interested in toilets
- Download 13 coloring sheets in this potty train coloring book for
$5.99free for a limited time.
Click Here to Download the FREE Coloring Book
What Do You Need Before You Get Started?
- A clock
- Cleaning supplies (for that first day)
- A training toilet (free comparison chart available with the purchase of the book)
- Potty Train in a Weekend book with a break-down of EXACTLY what to do
- Underwear (I will tell you the specific ones that I use).
- Books or coloring books to keep in the bathroom.
- I suggest this 13 page coloring book. It
sells for $5.99is free for a limited time.
- Click the image below to download the entire book for FREE.
If you decide to order the book, Potty Train in a Weekend, I will send you over $300 worth of freebies. You will also have the book, Potty Train in a Weekend and you will have access to my Private Facebook Group for Potty Training Parents.
This book has been helpful to so many readers…
Helpful tip that I forgot to mention!
I use these BabyLeggings when I potty train! I can keep them naked, but warm. (If you click here and use the promo code YMF5, you will get them for FREE!)