MY LATEST VIDEOS
Do you have an old phone lying around your house that you no longer use? Do you have an older tablet that has been put into a drawer and is rarely taken out? What about a smartwatch that you don’t use anymore? Have you ever thought about selling those things for extra money?
Today I want to show you how you can earn a little extra money by not doing much… you will simply sell your phone (that you already have, but don’t use, or don’t want to use) and it will only take you about 5 minutes.
Oh- and if you want to buy a new device without paying the “new device retail price”, I have a solution for that, too. 🙂
Turns out, selling your old device(s) it is a pretty easy way to make money on your old phone. So, where do you begin? Today I am working with Trademore to help you along the way.
Step One- Find out how much your phone is worth.
Did you know that you can get hundreds of dollars back by selling that phone that you’ve had for years? My phone is about two or three years old, and when I checked on Trademore to see how much they would be able to give me by trading it in, I was pleasantly surprised.
Here is how they determine how much they will be giving you: “The amount we pay for your old phone is determined by the model series, storage capacity, and condition of your device.”
You can quickly check How Much is My Phone Worth? with their table showing the range of prices that other users have received by selling a phone with Trademore. Their new page was helpful. I quickly found out how much my iPhone 8 Plus was worth in just a few minutes.
Of course, I then went back and checked my first smartwatch, an older tablet that no one uses, and my husband’s old phone. 🙂
Step Two – Give the details
Once you have visited the How Much is My Phone Worth? page to quickly find out how much you can get for selling your phone to Trademore, you will follow these steps:
- Choose which device you have (cell phones, tablets, or smartwatch).
- Provide details about the phone (color, provider, condition)
- Wait for their offer. (This process took me about three minutes total). This offer is locked-in for 30 days.
If you like the offer (I found that they give very competitive offers), you can then provide your address and how you’d like to be paid: Virtual MasterCard® Gift Card or PayPal payment. (I picked to be paid via PayPal).(Here is a screenshot of my offer for my iPhone 8 Plus.
- Trademore will then send you a free, pre-packaged, pre-paid box, with all the instructions to send in your device.
- Once it arrives (usually within a week), you will ship your phone to them.
- They receive the phone, and they will double-check that what you have said is correct.
- If everything is as it should be, they will pay you for the phone.
Step Three – Buy your new-to-you phone (for less)
Just today, I saw phones on there for 85% off of the retail value.
When you find the device that you want, you can purchase it knowing that…
- All devices go through Trademore’s 30-point inspection
- All devices have a 100% inspection rating.
- All devices bought through Trademore are certified.
- They ship it for free within two days.
If you are curious, you can check out Trademore’s Recently Purchased and Recently Traded devices (iPhones, smartphones, tablets, and watches).
I hope that this was helpful and can guide you in making the best decision for your family. I’m always up for finding ways to save money and make money, so when I found out about Trademore, I knew that it was something that I wanted to share.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
My blog may contain links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. When you click on a link, your information may be collected by those websites so I encourage you to read their privacy policies