These Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo are a favorite in our house. They are easy to make, everyone loves them and the fact that they don’t need a lot of prep makes them a staple in our house Steak, tomatoes, lime & cilantro make these simple & so good!
Every night in our house is busy, so I always go for meals that I can make in under 20 minutes, like these Steak Tacos. The kids love them and I love that they look and taste like I’ve spent hours making them. 😉
Plus, we love tacos and really anything with a little salsa on top, like our favorite salsa chicken made in the crockpot. My favorite is making Pico de Gallo for a topping… I end up eating a bowl of it for a snack, too.
Tonight I made my own Pico de Gallo, which is so much easier than people think.
- Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
- Shallot or onion
- Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper
- Soft Tortilla shells
- Feta Cheese or Queso Fresco
- Optional: Jalapeno (halve, seed & minced)
- Drain the Hunt’s diced tomatoes just a bit
- Peel and dice the shallot
- Stem jalapeno, half, seed & mince
- Zest the lime. Set zest aside.
- Cut & Juice the lime and set juice aside.
- Mince cilantro
- Add salt & pepper to steak. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes, shallot, one teaspoon of the jalapeno, one Tablespoon lime zest, a pinch of salt.
- Stir & set aside.
- Drizzle the steaks with about 1/2 teaspoon of Olive Oil on each side and place on a hot grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove the steaks and brush with lime juice. Set aside.
- Grill tortilla shells on the grill for a few seconds (about 10-20 seconds)
- Slice the steak into small slices and place into the tortilla shells.
- Top with your Pico de Gallo and a little cheese.
All of our kids loved it, as did Mickey and I. It was an instant hit!
Grab Our One-on-One Time Calendar
I'd love to send you 30 days of One-on-One time Ideas for you & your child!
Please enter your info below & I'll send it to your email inbox. 🙂