When I was pregnant with the first of our four children, my friend Jeanie E. told me a great tip that I use to this day!
“When your kids go to school, make their sandwiches on Sunday night. Make five of them per child. Every day just grab one & throw it into their lunchbox.”
I have been doing this for years & it has become second nature. (You can read more about our little ones right here!)
I sometimes do this for our kids that are home with me during the day, too (the younger ones). Its an easy way to have lunch under control & not have to worry about it during the day.
We have four kids and this just makes life so much easier! :
Here is how I do it:
- Every Sunday night I get out a loaf of bread and the deli meat that I purchased that weekend for the week.
- I make as many sandwiches as I need (Lay out 15 slices of bread, put the meat (& cheese & toppings) on them, grab 15 more slices to lay on top of it… or I just get out 15 buns – one per child, per day. Our youngest doesn’t eat sandwiches, yet.)
- I put them all in baggies.
- I put them into the freezer or the refrigerator – ready for the week ahead.
- When our kids take their lunch for school, we grab a sandwich.
- They pick a sandwich or a turkey & bacon wrap & pick a fruit-cup or applesauce.
- My husband and I cut up veggies & keeps them in zip-lock baggies in the fridge, too, so this is an option, too. (I use these to make the veggie trays for the kids before dinner)
- I just throw in the food & mini water bottle (I get them from Aldi’s, but I think BJ’s & Costco has them, too.) or I give our preschoolers a sippy cup with water.
- For fun, I try to pack juice every Friday in our kid’s lunch boxes.
- Remember to throw in a note, too!! (Read why I do that right here)
- Thats it – its done! Lunch is served. 🙂
More posts you might like:
Ps- Here is a post on how to get your kids ready for school quickly in the morning (stress-free)
This is an easy hack on how to take the juice out of the fruit cup BEFORE you open it (to avoid a mess):
Grab Our One-on-One Time Calendar
I'd love to send you 30 days of One-on-One time Ideas for you & your child!
Please enter your info below & I'll send it to your email inbox. 🙂