Well… football is here, so I wanted to share this Easy Potato Skin Recipe. The kids have been busy with football practice every week, which means that we are soon going to be eating football food (fall food) and one of our favorites are potato skins.
Now, the kids don’t actually like the SKIN of the potato, so last year, Mickey starting making these instead. We call them potato rounds, but they are really just an easier potato skin recipe.
- 3-4 Potatoes (we wash them first) , sliced.
- 2 TB butter, melted
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 pieces of bacon, crumbled or chopped up into little pieces.
- 1 teaspoon of salt (more if you like them to be saltier)
- 1/2 cup green onions
- I cook everything at 350 (that’s just an easy way for me to do it) so these are no different. 🙂
- Put foil on a cookie sheet & spray it with non-stick spray.
- Wash & slice your potatoes
- Put your washed & sliced potatoes on the cookie sheet
- Put butter & salt on both sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes then turn. If it looks brown before 45 minutes, flip it sooner.
- In the meantime, cook & crumble your bacon.
- Chop green onions.
- Cook the other side for about 20 minutes. (same thing – if brown, stop cooking sooner)
- Take off & sprinkle with cheese, bacon & green onions.
- Bake for 6 more minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- I use a sour cream dipping sauce with a little green onion sprinkled in.You can watch the video here for easier instructions:
Grab Our One-on-One Time Calendar
I'd love to send you 30 days of One-on-One time Ideas for you & your child!
Please enter your info below & I'll send it to your email inbox. 🙂