Welcome to the Declutter Challenge!
Are you TIRED of cleaning your house, only to see that it is messy again by the end of the day? Try out our 30-day Declutter Challenge!
Why We Declutter
Sometimes, we just feel tired of organizing stuff. In fact, we spend so much time organizing and re-organizing stuff that it uses up our time and then we can’t use that time to do the things we really love.
30 Day Declutter Challenge
This 30-day Declutter Challenge is simply a month-long plan to help you get into each room of your house to clean it up, a little at a time. I also have a whole-home declutter course that you can purchase if you want to really dive-in. The Whole-Home Declutter Course is a deep-dive into decluttering, cleaning and then organizing every room and area in your house. It will have your home completely decluttered, quickly. We leave no area untouched in that course.
In the meantime, you are welcome to get started with this 30-day Declutter Challenge, free for you. You can sign up to get it here and immediately download it. I will also send it via email, along with some additional declutter tips and inspiration, to help you keep this up as an ongoing task.
HOW TO DECLUTTER YOUR HOME
This 30-day Declutter Challenge is going to help you clear out the stuff that makes your house feel cluttered. When you declutter your home on a daily basis, it creates a habit that sticks.
Think about your home in areas and pick a few things that you can do that will make a big impact in the way that your house looks and the way that you feel.
WHY DO A 30 DAY DECLUTTER CHALLENGE?
It only takes a few weeks to create a habit, so this declutter challenge is sure to help you achieve that.
When you declutter, you feel better.
“Decluttering has a domino effect on better living. “A clutter-free environment allows you to perform tasks of daily living more efficiently because everything you need is readily available and within reach,” she says, adding this leads to healthier habits.
For example, if your dishes are clean and properly stored, you’re more likely to eat at home and enjoy cooking. On a deeper level, Rojas says, “A clutter-free space also contributes to your well-being because you will subconsciously feel like you are providing yourself with a higher level of self-care.”
Decluttering may also help you feel better about yourself because it’s something of an accomplishment, says Dr. Robert London, a psychiatrist based in New York City. “The clutter leads to anxiety, embarrassment, family stresses – some kind of despair,” London says. “When you relieve the problem and learn to throw things away, you feel better.” ~ USA News
The idea is to start simple with this 30-day declutter challenge. Then when you are ready, join my Whole-Home Declutter Course and tackle everything.
DECLUTTER YOUR MIND
Clutter causes stress. It’s a proven fact.
By spending just a few minutes a day on this decluttering challenge, you will be able to have more peace in your home because you will feel better about the space that you live in every day.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF WHEN YOU DECLUTTER:
It is essential to know what to keep and what to donate or throw away, so these questions will help you understand where to begin.
- Is this item something I regularly use?
- If not, is this something that I love and sparks joy?
- Could someone else use it more than me?
- Can I get away without having this in my life?
- When was the last time I used this?
- Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation?
- Am I holding onto this because I think I should love it?
- Am I saving this just in case? for that “SOMEDAY?”
- Do I have multiples of the same thing?
- Could something else I own do the same job?
- Am I holding onto a broken item to fix “someday?”
- Is this item worth the time I spend cleaning/storing it?
- Could I use this space for something else?
- What’s the worst that could happen if I get rid of it?
When getting rid of excess clutter, we have to make a choice (or decision) of where that item will go. When you’re learning the process of how to declutter your home, it is essential to set yourself up for success. This challenge, when appropriately used, will encourage you to take on the tasks to declutter your home. If you’ve wondered how to organize your home, this challenge will help you in making decisions and finish with positive steps taken, without looking like a tornado just went through your house.
When decluttering, it is important to sort your items and then decide if you need to donate or toss them. Take a look at the following six categories of where each object could go.
- Grab a few boxes or trash bags so you may dispose of clutter accordingly and without hesitation.
- Print out the 30-day challenge and refer to them for guidance as you perform your regular declutter.
- Do each day’s task reasonably quickly, so it doesn’t become a job that you dread.
- Have some clean dishtowels, paper towels and all-purpose cleaner handy to clean up the area that you declutter.
- Put things back in an organized manner.
- If you decide to jump in & going for the Whole-Home Declutter Course, throw on some sweats/leggings, grab a pair of comfy house slippers, turn up some music and start to declutter!
DECLUTTER YOUR LIFE
Today is the day for you to begin to declutter your life and declutter your mind by decluttering your home.