Welcome to the 30 Day Declutter Challenge! If you’re feeling like you need to declutter your home, then this 30-day challenge to declutter your house in 30 days is for you! I will show you how to rid your home of clutter to help you feel relaxed and calm without feeling overwhelmed.
In this 30-day challenge to get rid of clutter, we’ll go over:
- The reason that reducing clutter is important (for your home and your life),
- Decluttering Tips so your home will feel neat and tidy
- How to begin organizing your home
- How you can achieve your goals by completing this simple 30-day challenge successfully!
Why We Declutter
Sometimes, we just feel tired of organizing stuff. In fact, we spend so much time organizing and re-organizing stuff that it uses up our time, and then we can’t use that time to do the things we really love. Purging our home of unnecessary things is important.
30 Day Declutter Challenge
This 30-day Declutter Challenge is simply a month-long plan to help you get into each room of your house to clean it up, a little at a time. I also have a whole-home declutter course that you can purchase if you want to really dive in.
The Whole-Home Declutter Course is a deep-dive into decluttering, cleaning, and then organizing every room and area in your house. It will have your home completely decluttered, quickly. We leave no area untouched in that course.
In the meantime, you are welcome to get started with this 30-day Declutter Challenge, free for you. You can sign up to get it here and immediately download it. I will also send it via email, along with some additional uncluttering tips and inspiration, to help you keep this up as an ongoing task.
How to Declutter Your Home
This 30-day Declutter Challenge is going to help you clear out the stuff that makes your house feel cluttered. When you learn how to declutter and you do it on a daily basis, it creates a habit that sticks.
Think about your home in areas and pick a few things that you can do that will make a big impact on the way that your house looks and the way that you feel.
Below you’ll find a sheet with ideas about specific rooms, such as the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and office. From there, we’ll dive in even more (kitchen cabinets, junk drawers, etc…)
I’m also giving some suggestions of things to toss… free up your space & mental capacity, so you aren’t dealing with these things anymore.
Why Do a 30-Day Declutter Challenge?
You probably want to reclaim your home and get your home back on track. You can do it with this challenge. It only takes a few weeks to create a habit, so this decluttering challenge is sure to help you achieve that. We want to show you how and why you should get rid of the clutter in your house. We will do this in just a little at a time… without feeling overwhelmed. Our goal is to reduce stress mentally by reducing clutter physically.
When you declutter, you feel better.
If you feel like clutter makes you feel overwhelmed, anxious, or upset… it’s not in your mind. Studies prove that it has this impact on us.
“Decluttering has a domino effect on better living. A clutter-free environment allows you to perform tasks of daily living more efficiently because everything you need is readily available and within reach,” she says, adding this leads to healthier habits.
For example, if your dishes are clean and properly stored, you’re more likely to eat at home and enjoy cooking. On a deeper level, Rojas says, “A clutter-free space also contributes to your well-being because you will subconsciously feel like you are providing yourself with a higher level of self-care.”
Decluttering may also help you feel better about yourself because it’s something of an accomplishment, says Dr. Robert London, a psychiatrist based in New York City. “The clutter leads to anxiety, embarrassment, family stresses – some kind of despair,” London says. “When you relieve the problem and learn to throw things away, you feel better.” ~ USA News
The idea is to start simple with this 30-day challenge. I know that you are busy, between work or running errands or being a busy parent, you probably don’t have hours a day to spend cleaning the living room or uncluttering the medicine cabinet.
This 30-day declutter challenge will show you how to reduce clutter in many areas, and in a short amount of time.
Then when you are ready to REALLY do a deep-dive, join my Whole-Home Declutter Course and tackle every room in your home, from top to bottom. (NO need for a professional organizer… You’ve got this and we’re here to support you!)
Declutter Your MIND
Did you know that clutter causes stress? It’s a proven fact.
Sometimes even the thought of cleaning out the clutter sounds like an overwhelmed, anxious task, but we will keep it simple. Our goal is to make you feel better and show you how to declutter in a few minutes a day!
By spending just a little time each day focusing on how to declutter your home, during this clutter & organization challenge, you will be able to have more peace in your home because you will feel better about the space that you live in every day.
Questions to Ask Yourself When You Declutter:
It is essential to know what to keep and what to donate or throw away, so these questions will help you understand where to begin.
- Is this item something I regularly use?
- If not, is this something that I love and sparks joy?
- Could someone else use it more than me?
- Can I get away without having this in my life?
- When was the last time I used this?
- Am I keeping this out of obligation or expectation?
- Am I holding onto this because I think I should love it?
- Am I saving this just in case I’ll need it… someday, down the road?
- Do I have multiples of the same thing?
- Could something else I own do the same job?
- Am I holding onto a broken item to fix “someday?”
- Is this item worth the time I spend cleaning/storing it?
- Could I use this space for something else?
- What’s the worst that could happen if I get rid of it?
- Am I putting this in the junk drawer because it doesn’t have a place… or a real purpose?
When getting rid of excess clutter, we have to make a choice (or decision) of where that item will go. When you’re learning the process of how to declutter your home, it is essential to set yourself up for success.
This challenge, when used appropriately, will encourage you to take on the tasks to reduce clutter & add organization to your home. Think of it as the extra motivation that you need to rid your home of chaos, ease your mind and put stress behind you.
If you’ve wondered how to organize your home, this challenge will help you in making decisions and finish with positive steps taken, without looking like a tornado just went through your house.
Think of your house like a phone: you’re going to remove old apps (clutter) and then find an app (organization system) that will make everything better. (hint: fabulous feelings ahead!)
When decluttering, it is important to sort your items and then decide if you need to donate or toss them. Take a look at the following six categories where each object could go.
- Grab a few boxes or trash bags so you may dispose of clutter accordingly and without hesitation.
- Print out the 30-day challenge and refer to them for guidance daily.
- Do each day’s task reasonably quickly, so it doesn’t become a job that you dread.
- Have some clean dishtowels, paper towels and all-purpose cleaner handy to clean up the area that you have just uncluttered.
- Put things back in an organized manner.
- If you decide to jump in & going for the Whole-Home Declutter Course, throw on some sweats/leggings, grab a pair of comfy house slippers, turn up some music and start to declutter!
Declutter Your Life
Today is the day for you to begin to declutter your life and declutter your mind by decluttering your home.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Grab Our One-on-One Time Calendar
I'd love to send you 30 days of One-on-One time Ideas for you & your child!
Please enter your info below & I'll send it to your email inbox. 🙂