Hi there, from Simple Acres! I’m here again to share more simplicity! This time in the form of food.
Can you sense summer calling? I can feel the heat hitting my skin already! Warm evenings under the stars with my family after a yummy fresh dinner that screams, “Summer is just a day away” is my dream lately. This time of year inspires a menu that brings the freshness of citrus and cilantro with the comfort of seasoned meats! These Lime Chicken Tacos will quench your inner summer voice while being easy on time. Let’s dig in!
Tacos is a family favorite in my house! As a Dietitian, I love that they offer a simple balanced meal in minutes. As a mom of three kids, tacos along with spaghetti are always winners with my often picky eaters. This recipe not only with be gobbled up by your family but is a perfect recipe to dish up for Cinco de Mayo that will impress your guests!
Lime Chicken Taco Ingredients
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (No cooking needed. Your welcome.)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup pico or red salsa
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- flour tortillas
- fresh diced avocados, radishes, bell peppers, onions and cilantro
- shredded cheese
- Pull chicken of bone and shred slightly. Chicken can either be placed in a crock pot on low or in a pan on low heat for warming.
- Add sour cream, both salsas, agave nectar and lime juice to chicken and mix together.
- Being that the chicken is already cooked you can have this dish ready in an hour or less depending on your method of cooking and temp setting if you choose to use a crock pot.
- Spoon in taco shells and serve with diced fresh vegetables and fresh cilantro with a sprinkle of cheese.
There you have it friends! A simple and delicious meal you can serve your family and friends! If you love simple cooking and simplifying your LIFE to achieve more contentment and joy check me out at Simple Acres blog. If you want to improve your health don’t miss out on my 6 week LIVE health series from a Dietitian (me) to you! Meet me live on Facebook with daily inspiration on Instagram.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: