Are you on of those people that can just throw a few ingredients together and come up with a great new recipe that everyone loves? I’m not. I never have been. Maybe it’s just that I’m too afraid to try. Or maybe it’s just that my husband takes care of this for me – he is always inventing new recipes!
After watching a Dr. Oz episode where Dr. Oz said that most granola bars were just glorified candy bars, I knew that I had a new “project” for my husband- make a granola bar that we’ll love. The only thing that I asked was that he included Nature ValleyTM Protein Granola because I love the taste and it is healthy. Nature ValleyTM Protein Granola is a delicious versatile product that can be added on top of many other foods or used as an ingredient. He assured me that he could easily come up with a recipe that he would love.
Our granola bars with Nature ValleyTM Protein Granola are great. There are so many different flavors that you can really change it up every few days.
Here are my favorites:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola
- 3 Tablespoons cornmeal (if you don’t have this, you can use Oat Flour, which can be made by grinding oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (You can use regular table salt, but only use half the amount)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 packet stevia (optional for extra sweetness)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Mix oil, salt and oats in a large mixing bowl. Spread this out on a parchment-lined pan and bake for 5 minutes. Mix and bake for 10 more minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and honey for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine cereal, cornmeal, pack of stevia and baking soda.
- Add your toasted oats to this bowl. Pour your sugar mixture overtop and mix.
- Spread out on a pan.
- Bake at 300 for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the granola bars.
- Bake for an extra 5 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes and then cut the granola into bars.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature Valley Protein Granola via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.
Grab Our One-on-One Time Calendar
I'd love to send you 30 days of One-on-One time Ideas for you & your child!
Please enter your info below & I'll send it to your email inbox. 🙂