Should I sell Young Living Essential Oils? That was a question that I asked myself after using essential oils for the first time. It took me a long time before even trying them since I was skeptical about using essential oils, but once I learned how well they worked, I started toying with the idea of selling them. Today I wanted to share some pros, cons & tips on how to make money selling Young Living essential oils.
So… I made a pros/cons list of selling YL Essential Oils:
Young Living is a company that sells essential oils & other products. It was founded my Mr. Young in 1993. He is a firm believer in the healing power of essential oils. He has several farms all over this country and others, where he grows plants to use in Young Living Products. Young Living is also a company that offers its customers the chance to become distributors and earn a profit (so instead of Mr. Young keeping all of the profit, the seller/distributor gets it).
Before I started using oils, I did a TON of research and found that Young Living had the most positive reviews, so I went for it. (I even read that one drop of Thieves oil takes the sting out of blisters & bee stings… keeping that tip in mind for next time I get one!)
- Help people find what they are looking for. I love knowing that I am helping someone.
- Collect $50 in bonuses for every distributor sign-up with a Premium Starter Kit! Personally, I reinvest that $50 into getting my distributors the information & education packets that will help them learn more, but you can pocket that $50 if you’d rather do that. It’s up to you! Plus, You get 25% commission the first 3 months on each of your new enrollees’ purchases.
- If anyone signs up to sell Oils UNDER you, You get 8% of sales of your first level of distributors, then 5% of their enrolled distributors, and 4% on the next three levels as well.
- Host girls-night.
My friend Holly held a girl’s night and we spent an hour making hand sanitizer, lip scrub and hand scrubs. It was so much fun & we all learned a little about oils. Some people even bought the oils.
- Earn a monthly income. Personally, I do very little “selling”, but I still earn an income (a little over 1/2 of what I made when I was a teacher). I tell people about the oils when they ask and I have friends that call me to order more things when I’m placing my order. I have a few people that have asked to sell under me and they do very well. I earn enough to pay for preschool, sports and vacations every year. I earn more selling oils a few hours a week than if I worked part-time outside of the house. One friend that signed up to be a distributor under me earns enough every month that she was able to quit her full-time job and now she just sells oils. She hosts parties weekly and shares info on her FB page about the oils.
If you get to “Silver” rank in 6 months, you get around $2,000 worth of free oils. Plus, you get an additional percentage from purchases.
- If you don’t have a good upline, you might not get the support that you need. I read this online when I was looking up pros & cons. I, personally, have great support from my upline (the person that I signed up under) and anyone on my team (that signs up under me) will be in the same place. I am in specific facebook groups for those of us that sell (and anyone under me would be, too.) I have access to their materials and so do those under me. So… while this is a con for some, it isn’t really fair of me to comment on it since I don’t have this issue with my team.
- Those that have ingested the oils that say “external use only” have an upset stomach. I suggest not ingesting the oils that say “external use only” to avoid this con. 🙂 Think of it like lotion… it may be all-natural, but you wouldn’t eat it.
In conclusion… I say it’s worth it. I wouldn’t be selling it if I didn’t like it. I wouldn’t be selling it if I didn’t think it was worth it. 🙂 If you want to sign up to be a distributor, you are welcome to sign up here.
If you are interested in selling, you can sign up here. Then e-mail me at email@example.com and I’ll help you get started & get you into the Facebook Groups that I’m in. I’ll also send you a 500+ page education packet when you send your address. 🙂 Feel free to ask any questions – I’m glad to help!