This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Between myself and my daughter… we love to paint our nails and have pretty feet & pretty toenails! I could not love our time together more! ♥
After having three boys, this little girl is just as fun as I had hoped she would be… curls, bows, dresses and now nails, too! Today I was thinking about how I have started to pay more attention to her little feet than to my own, so I decided to do something about that! haha!
Here are 4-foot care tips for making YOUR feet look beautiful!
If you want soft feet, the best way to get it is by exfoliating- get rid of the dead skin. You have several options to exfoliate your feet:
- The Amopé Pedi Perfect gadget. It is an electric gadget that gets rid of dead skin!
- Pumice Stone – A natural lava stone that removes dead skin & callouses
- Paraffin wax (you can get a Paraffin Wax at-home Kit) – A soft wax that’s melted, set on your feet, allowed to harden/cool and then is removed. It takes the dead skin off with it. You can have this done when you get a pedicure or use the at-home kit. TIP: This treatment helps to open your pores. When your pores are open, they are able to absorb more moisture.
- Sugar or Salt Scrub – you can make these at home or buy them at the store. This Tea Tree Scrub is 100% natural & has awesome reviews.
2- Soak Your Feet
Soaking your feet in warm water for around 20 minutes can make your feet feel and look wonderful. I like to add aromatherapy salt to the water. I love to add this Foot Soak with Tea Tree Aromatherapy Oil.
3- Lotion in the evening
Use lotion to have soft & pretty feet! My tip is to use a great foot lotion at night. Rub it in well and then immediately put on socks. Leave the socks on overnight and you will have soft, moist, pretty feet in the morning. 🙂
and… Lotion the following morning
When you wake up, use the lotion again, this time you will be using the foot lotion to soften your cuticles so you can push them down as you massage your feet.
4- Paint your nails!
There is nothing that makes your feet look prettier than a beautiful color! Remember that you only want to use THREE strokes for the perfect polish job.
- Dip the brush into the bottle.
- Get a bead-size amount on the brush (it will spread once it hits the nail)
- Start at the base of the nail & stroke up.
- Stroke to the left (from the base)
- Stroke to the right (from the base)
That’s it. No more or you will have smudges.