Potty training at night. Since writing many posts about potty training in 3 days, I get the question about potty training at night on a daily basis (literally). Today, I partnered with CVS to bring you some of those tips as a sneak peek of my book… enjoy♥
First, just know that some kids are not capable of this until they are older.
- Our first son was trained to pee at night at one. One of our other children took so much longer and it was a huge change for us. Just realize that every child is so different.
- You can understand HOW to train them, but that doesn’t mean that they will definitely be trained. You can slowly train their bodies, but you can’t do it overnight and you can’t guarantee that it will work every night.
- Our Doctor has told us that if their body is not physically ready to wake them up at night or to hold the urge to urinate for 12 hours, there is nothing that you can do about it, until they are ready (this could be as late as ten years of age before you really need to worry).
- Do they wake up dry? This is a key factor to let you know if they are truly ready for night time training. If they are, you can switch from full-out diaper to training pants at night. Try some with refastenable sides that are comfy for nighttime. We like these CVS Training Pants. They have a wetness indicator that will fade when it is wet. Plus they are so absorbent (and customized absorbency for boys and girls- so they work for any family).
- To train our kids at night, I transition them to these training diapers just for bedtime, and then put their training potty in their room, on a few towels.
Good luck! More posts you might like:
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Potty train in a weekend…
More posts you might like: