Our family movie night consists of:
Pizza (not at the kitchen table!)
Popcorn (after the pizza)
A family movie
What’s not to love?!
Last night we changed things up a bit. Instead of buying a pre-cooked pizza, we went to a great little place in our town, Papa Murphy’s – Take N Bake Pizza. It was great! I liked it because every day, they make the dough fresh. They cut up the toppings, grate the cheese, making everything fresh & delicious.
How does it work?
You go in, order what you want on your pizza. You can create your own or use one of their combinations. (I ordered pepperoni pizza… the kids love pepperoni!). They prepare it for you, right in front of you (think Subway style- you can see whats happening right there). They assemble it with their fresh ingredients (TONS of toppings to pick from!!) and you take it home and bake it.
It worked out perfectly in our house because we cooked it at 425 for 13 minutes and while we were doing that, the kids started the movie and my husband and I got everything ready (drinks, popcorn, blankets: “B”, “blankey”, “blankeems” (I am hoping that your kids favorite “loveys” have names like ours do! haha!) .
We snuggled in, watched our movie, ate our pizza and had a great family night!
I wanted to tell you about this for a few reasons:
- Its a great deal– it was very reasonably priced and we will be eating there again!
- It was delicious and you could tell that everything was fresh.
- The owners were great (a wonderful, nice, hard-working family).
- They participate in fundraising for schools, teams, churches, etc…
- They have some fantastic deals happening right now including:
- $10 Tuesdays (any pizza for $10)
- Like them on Facebook for a chance to win a their take & grill sweepstakes (win a grill, a gift card & a trip to Hawii!)
- Text PAPAMURPHYS13 to the number 95323 for a coupon for FREE cookie dough with your next purchase
The store in Mooresville, NC is located at 654 River Highway. (Store #34038). The phone number is 704-664-7272. This is the one that we went to & it was great! Check out the menu at papamurphys.com
If you are looking for a fun place to take your family to ‘design’ their own pizza, you’ve found it. (OH- they even had kid sized pizzas for $3! So fun!) It is carry out, so I would pair this with a great movie (you can get a free redbox rental anytime with the code DVDONME It will only work once per credit/debit card).