Have you seen these Minion Easter Eggs? My husband made them & I think they are the cutest thing ever! I had just finished writing a post on Easter Basket Fillers and making these cute bunny bottom cookies when he walked into the room.
I told him that I wanted to try to think of a cute idea for Easter Eggs for the kids & he didn’t think more than 5 minutes before he came back into the room with the supplies to make these.
This post contains affiliate links.
Our kids LOVE Despicable Me, so we knew that coming up with a fun Minion Easter Egg for them would be a hit. They were going to be thrilled!
Now, just being honest- if I had done them myself, it would have been a yellow egg with a googly eye glued in the middle and that would have been that, but my husband makes sure that all of the details are in place and they turned out great because of it! 😉 LOL!
What you need to make your Minion Eggs:
- EGGS (we used the larger, brighter eggs like the ones found here – you can find them at some Dollar Stores, too!)
- Black tape (You can buy craft tape or electrical tape… we used the electrical tape because we had it at home)
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue & a hot glue gun (if your eyes aren’t self-adhesive)
- Craft Scissors (optional)
Here is how to make Despicable Me Easter Eggs… (step by step)
1- Cut your tape. We cut it in half because it was too thick.
2. Put it on the top of the egg (a little above the middle)
3. Add glue if you need it, for the eyes.
4. Cut out a little mouth.
5. To make the zig-zag mouth, use the craft scissors
6. Add strips of hair
7. Or put it through the holes to make it stand straight up:
8. Be sure to tape it INSIDE Of the egg to keep the hair from falling out.
9. That’s all there is to it! Put it together!
WHAT CAN YOU PUT INSIDE Easter Eggs for Kids?
- Jelly Beans
- Fun Erasers
- Mini Bubbles
- Mini Nail Polish
- Coupons for “free day- no chores!”
- Coupon for “stay up 10 minutes late!”
- Hair elastic bands
- Shoelaces (these bright green ones would be a hit!)
- Find more Easter Basket Fillers for Kids here.