This post contains affiliate links.
Today my husband took a break from his blog to make these Minion Easter Eggs for mine! I just finished my post on Easter Basket Fillers and I thought that we needed some fun eggs to put in our kids’ baskets!
Our kids LOVE Despicable Me (especially our four year old, Ethan), so we knew that we had to come up with a fun Minion Easter Egg for him (and my husband is so creative- I knew he was the man for the job!)
Now, just being honest- if I had done them, it would have been a yellow egg with a googly eye glued in the middle and that would have been that, but my husband makes sure that all of the details are in place and they turned out great because of it!
What you need:
- EGGS (we used the larger, brighter eggs like the ones found here – you can find them at some Dollar Stores, too!)
- Black tape (You can buy craft tape or electrical tape… we used the electrical tape because we had it at home)
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue & a hot glue gun (if your eyes aren’t self-adhesive)
- Craft Scissors (optional)
Here is how to make them… (step by step)
1- Cut your tape. We cut it in half because it was too thick.
2. Put it on the top of the egg (a little above the middle)
3. Add glue if you need it, for the eyes.
4. Cut out a little mouth.
5. To make the zig-zag mouth, use the craft scissors
6. Add strips of hair
7. Or put it through the holes to make it stand straight up:
8. Be sure to tape it INSIDE Of the egg to keep the hair from falling out.
9. That’s all there is to it! Put it together!
WHAT CAN YOU PUT INSIDE?
- Jelly Beans
- Fun Erasers
- Mini Bubbles
- Mini Nail Polish
- Coupons for “free day- no chores!”
- Coupon for “stay up 10 minutes late!”
- Hair elastic bands
- Shoelaces (these bright green ones would be a hit!)MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: