This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Colored Deviled Eggs make such an impression! They are just what you need at party or gathering for an extra ‘something special’
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip®
- salt & pepper to taste
- hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 drops red food coloring, or desired amount
- 4 drops blue food coloring, or desired amount
- 4 drops green food coloring, or desired amount
- 3 cups water, or as desired
- Place eggs into a large saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Boil the eggs for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover with the lid. Let them sit in this water for 20 minutes. Drain and put the eggs in a bowl of cold water.
- Peel the eggs
- Cut hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; mash yolks in a bowl with dressing, salt, black pepper, hot sauce, and dry mustard.
- Place 1 cup of water in a bowl with drops of food coloring. Do this in several different bowls.
I like to use the Neon Colored Food Coloring because I like it to be lighter and brighter, but any will work.
Steep 8 egg white halves in each bowl, tinting the egg whites the colors that you pick. If color is too pale, add more coloring to bowls. Drain colored egg whites on paper towels.
- I also put a little paprika and salt on mine and I then spray it with the food coloring mixture…
- Pipe the filling in or spoon egg yolk filling into colored egg white halves; cover and chill before serving, at least 30 minutes.