My very favorite dish is Alfredo Chicken Broccoli – a pasta with alfredo sauce, chicken, and broccoli. When we go out to eat, I order this about 50% of the time. I really liked it until I added the broccoli… then I just loved it & it became a favorite. Let me tell you how much better it is once you add this ingredient. Funny how a simple ingredient can add so much flavor. I love easy meals and this one isn’t the quickest, but it is well worth the extra few minutes.
Since I loved this recipe so much, it didn’t come as a surprise that the kids love it, as well. Beau (our second son) could eat this meal every single night (not even kidding) if I made it that often. 🙂
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Here is the video followed by the recipe. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces broccoli
- 8 ounces penne or rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5-pound chicken breast (1-2 large chicken breast)- I use two chicken breast because we have 6 in our family.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced OR 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (more if you like it to be cheesier)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic with parsley
- Cook pasta until it is al dente.
- Add broccoli to the boiling water (I do anything to save myself from extra dishes)
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken.
- Add salt & pepper to the chicken. Cook thoroughly.
- Remove & cut the chicken. Set aside.
- Make a roux with the butter & flour, over medium heat.
- Add cream, milk, broth and garlic.
- Add noodles. Mix.
- Add chicken. Mix.
- Add broccoli and fold this in.