This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Summer entertaining should be fun, not fussy. I love throwing together a simple caprese salad (my favorite) , fresh pasta (Mickey’s favorite), and a pitcher of lemonade so the kids, Mickey & I can spend time on our back porch… enjoying the summer (not spending the whole evening in the kitchen).
Here are two great summertime dishes:
1). Caprese Salad with Watermelon
10-12 slices fresh watermelon*
10-12 slices mozzarella*
10-12 slices tomato*
Fresh basil leaves (we grow basil at home, so we love to find dishes that include basil)
1-2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
*Feel free to increase or decrease slices – make this for one and treat yourself or put together a big platter to wow a crowd 🙂
- Cut tomatoes and watermelon into slices (triangle or square shape works nicely for the watermelon!)
- Cut mozzarella into rounds
- Chop or tear basil leaves
- Stack and layer on a platter (feel free to get creative!)
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle generously with basil, salt and pepper
2). Grapefruit Ginger Spritz
¼ cup sugar or honey
⅓ cup ginger (peeled and grated)
4 cups grapefruit juice
4 cups seltzer OR champagne/prosecco
- Peel and grate ginger
- Combine ginger, sugar, and 1/4 cup water over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes
- Pour grapefruit juice into a pitcher
- Pour ginger syrup through fine mesh strainer into pitcher
- Top off with 4 cups seltzer or 4 cups champagne/prosecco and serve! (You can also pour juice into individual glasses and top off each glass with as much seltzer, champagne or prosecco as you would like!)
Now even cleanup can be effortless with this Caldrea summer entertaining kit from Grove Collaborative — and you can get it as a free gift with purchase.
Caldrea’s dish soaps and countertop cleaners feel like a treat to use. Not only is the packaging totally chic, but what’s inside is even better. They’re made with safe, non-toxic ingredients, and the cleaning power is hands down the best. They also make a great hostess gift! I give away the candles often (my favorite)
You can choose from four light, summery scents: ginger pomelo, sea salt neroli, pear blossom agave, and tangelo palm frond. It’s hard to pick a favorite, but I can’t get enough of the sea salt neroli right now. It makes my kitchen smell like a beach house. The kids & Mickey love it!
The set also includes this Grove Collaborative Be Good dish brush, which is thoughtfully made with BPA-free recycled plastic and bamboo. It’s tough on messes and leaves dishes spotless, so you’ll spend less time in front of the sink.
I was so grateful for this set last weekend, when we hosted an impromptu dinner party. It only took me a minute to get my countertops sparkling with my new Caldrea cleaner. Then I replaced my old sponge and drugstore soap with this gorgeous dish soap and brush, added a bowl of fresh lemons for decoration and — voila! — instant summer ambiance. Isn’t it amazing how a few simple touches can make your whole house feel elegant and welcoming? (No one needs to know you didn’t spend the whole day cleaning.)
What’s Grove Collaborative? It’s the easiest, most affordable way to create a healthy and beautiful home. Grove curates the best natural products and delivers them (carbon offset) to your door, on your schedule. You’ll find your favorites like Mrs. Meyer’s and Method, and discover, new lovely brands. Plus, you’ll never run out of hand soap just before your guests arrive! Grove has been a lifesaver for me when it comes to making summer entertaining stress-free and fun.
If you already use and love Grove, there’s something for you too. You’ll get the Grove Collaborative Be Good Dish Brush when you order using this link.
This set truly makes summer entertaining a breeze, so don’t miss out. The offer ends July 24, and supplies are limited. Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for Grove Collaborative here and you will receive the Caldrea offer for free!
- Answer 4 quick questions about your home that Grove Collaborative will then use to customize your products — this takes under 30 seconds!
- Once you’ve answered the questions, you can finalize your basket of products to suit your household needs by adding or removing items.
- To receive this offer, your order needs to be a minimum of $20. Choose the combination of products and scents you love and receive in your first box.
- You made it! Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
- Bonus summer savings tip: Don’t forget to sign up for Grove Collaborative’s free 60 day VIP trial after you complete your first order! I love being a VIP — it saves me time and makes shopping with Grove even more affordable. For 60 days, you can save too, with free gifts and shipping, price matching, exclusive sales, and personal service.
I hope this inspires you to cook something great for your family tonight (because cleaning is a breeze). 😉