This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Dole Canned Fruit.
Ok… let me lay it out there for you – this is the best pie I’ve ever had. My mom use to make this key lime icebox pie when we were kids (we’ve adapted it… a lot, but that is beauty of this recipe – you can make it however you want!). I love key lime recipes and this one ranks in at #1.
- DOLE Canned Fruit – I grabbed DOLE Mandarin oranges in light syrup at the grocery store in the canned fruit aisle. Now I already had DOLE canned peaches (because I use them for cottage cheese with a little pepper… yum!) but I thought this pie would be better with oranges. Now, I get the canned DOLE fruit, because it is the most convenient/easy – it has a pull-tab lid. I will sometimes add add DOLE canned Pineapple, too. Why this is good for this recipe: Fat Free, Cholesterol free, low sodium, rich in Vitamin A & C.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Frozen Whipped Topping (I like to use Fat Free)
- 4 oz. jello mix (any flavor, but I used Lime for this one). I also used sugar-free, but again that is up to you.
- 2 containers of yogurt (6 oz. each). Use the same or coordinating flavor to the jello mix.
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Take your 1/4 cup of boiling water and add 4 ounces of jello mix to it. Mix well.
- Add yogurt
- Add Frozen Whipped Topping (the full container)
- Drain the DOLE canned oranges
- Fold in your DOLE canned fruit
- Refrigerate for several hours, until it is set.
That’s all there is to it. This is SO good – you will want to eat the whole pie (trust me).