These High Protein Crazy Banana Muffins are perfect for before school or before practice. Our kids just aren’t big breakfast eaters, but they will eat a muffin or two in the morning and they love to eat these before football, soccer or wrestling practice. They like my favorite banana bread with whipped honey butter, too, but these muffins have a lot of protein, so I try to pick that option.
High Protein Crazy Banana Muffins
It takes a lot of energy, strength & stamina to play these games… so I want to be sure that they are eating REAL food with a lot of protein. These muffins are just that.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
They are high-protein and they have NO butter, sugar or milk.
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (all natural)
- 4 mashed bananas (extra ripe)
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1 cup egg whites and 2 whole eggs
- 4 scoops pure vanilla protein powder or you can use Syntha-6 Edge, Vanilla Ice Cream (Mickey’s Favorite) or the Amazing Grass vanilla (I like this one b/c of the limited ingredients)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, hand- mix all ingredients together
- Place muffin liners in each holder of a 12 count muffin tray and then spray a light coat of a nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin tin around 2/3 of the way full, until you are out of batter.
- Place the tray in the center rack of the oven and allow to cook for 12 min.
- Add chocolate chips to make them tastier for the kids
- Make mini muffins and they will be able to just pop them in & go. 😉
- Serve them warm and they are… oh so good!
Enjoy. These are delicious. I’ll warn you… if you eat one, you won’t be able to stop. Seriously. We made them at 9:00 pm and I’ve had four in the past hour. Looks like I may need to make another batch for the week. 😉
Ps- another recipe you might like: