This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This banana bread recipe is one that I make often because the kids will eat it before school, after school, before practice or for a snack before bed. They love to grab a slice of the bread or even a mini muffin!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
2 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In the meantime, grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan or a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda, salt and four.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add in beaten eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana/butter mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin or loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
ps- The kids love when I make them in my mini-muffin tin
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE: