Today I am going to show you a few ways that to organize hair bows, headbands and hats. We have a LOT of hair accessories. Our baby girl followed three little boys, so I could not be more excited to dress her up!
I am going to show you a LOT of ways to organize your head bands and hair bows, so just find what works for you and make it!
Now for an easy DIY hair bow organizer
I first made my own hair bow organizer by turning an old oatmeal container into a headband and hair bow holder. This is very easy to make. You take your favorite scrap paper, cut it to the size that you need it and use mod podge to stick it to the old (clean) oatmeal container…(You can add a candle stick to the bottom for some added decoration) Or- you could just spray paint an old oatmeal container.
I put my daughter’s head bands on the outside and her hair bows on the inside, but it didn’t hold enough hair bows or head bands for me, so now it sits on her changing table as a little garbage can for her diapers. It is perfect for those MANY infant diapers! I line it with a target/walmart type of bag and just empty it daily.
I started using a large wicker basket for her hair bows and hats. This is much easier for me. Sometimes I change her head band 3-4 times a day, so I like to throw it in the basket and grab a new one. If you have read my 40 days to home organization, you know that I am all about having a quick & easy plan in place. When it came to hear head bands and hair bows, I did not want to be bothered taking other things off (other head bands) to get to the one that I want. That is why I loved the simplicity of a basket. I like things to be very simple in our house. This picture does not show it, but this basket is big. I fit all of her MANY bows, head band and hats in here! I keep it on a shelf in her closet.
- I use a ribbon attached to the back of a letter (for her name) for the hair clips.
- This is easy to make. Just pick out the scrapbooking paper or fabric that you want. Cut it to fit. Mod-podge it on and attach your favorite ribbon to the back.
- Buy something with hooks on it for the head-bands. Attach ribbon to the back for the hair bows This is easy. Just take a frame, paint it. Attach ribbon to the back of it. Add little hooks on the bottom.
- Take take your ribbon and make little “loops” in the ribbon with glue or thread to make it easy to slip a headband into place.
I hope that helped!
ps- if your child’s hair bows are constantly falling out, check out how I manage to get these hair bows to stay in our 1 year old’s fine hair: Keep hair bows from slipping out
Did you miss Day 22? Organizing your kid’s closets? Go back & check it out.
FOLLOW via RSS
Subscribe to Your Modern Family by Email
Follow me on Facebook
ARE YOU READY FOR DAY 24? ORGANIZE YOUR FAMILY CALENDAR
Get my free book & tips!
Latest posts by Becky (Your Modern Family) (see all)
- Five tips to fake a full night’s sleep. - May 30, 2016
- Kids waking up too early – Teaching your children to sleep later - May 29, 2016
- Garage Organization Tips (get ready for summer!) - May 27, 2016