We love getting together for dinner with our family and it is even better if I can find a meal that everyone likes. When I was younger, I used to go to this little county farm restaurant by our house. They served the best vegetable casserole (and homemade ice cream… oh! and their raisin bread was so good.) Anyway- I knew that I wanted to try to recreate this recipe because we love to spend time eating great food at home with our family.
This post brought to you by Libby’s®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Your Modern Family.
I used Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches, an all- new way to help families prepare dinner in a flash (grown & packed in the United States). They are really quick and give busy families a way to enjoy wholesome vegetables with little time. You just grab them out of your pantry and toss them into the microwave in the pouches and they cook in less than 60 seconds. On most nights I will just use them as a side, which is an easy way to help you get hot nutritious vegetables on the table in a flash. They have five varieties, including Sweet Peas, Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, Whole Kernel Sweet Corn and Mixed Vegetables. Open them up and enjoy.
So this recipe was really easy. Remember, a new year means a new chance to make sure you and your family are eating lots of vegetables. 🙂 This is a great way to start. Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches makes it easier than ever.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the Libby’s® Vegetable Pouches for one minute. Drain and empty into a bowl.
- In a plastic bag, crush a sleeve of round Crackers. Set aside.
- Pour a can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup into the bowl and stir.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter and put it into a larger bowl.
- Pour the crushed crackers into the butter and mix
- Optional: add 2 cups of cheese to the cracker/butter mixture.
- Spread the cracker mixture over the top of the vegetables mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- When it is done (crackers are golden brown) remove and let it cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy
Optional: to turn this dish into a main dish, just add cut-cup cooked chicken before baking.
Find more recipes on GetBackToTheTable.com by following Libby’s on Twitter or Facebook.