With four kids of completely different ages (born in 06, 08, 2010 & 2012), it can be hard to find a movie that we all want to watch. We have a subscription to Netflix, so we tend to look their first. Today I am partnering with VIZIO to bring you a great review of the product that they sent, as well as my favorite movies. 🙂
Last week, we redecorated the playroom and bought a futon that folds out, so we set it up like a bed, grab all of our pillows and blankets and have a movie night. The kids have loved it so far! Mickey set up our new TV, the VIZIO SmartCast (you can buy it on Bestbuy.com, Walmart.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Five reasons why we love it:
Easily control and cast to your VIZIO SmartCast™ Home Theater display and VIZIO SmartCast™ audio products from anywhere in your home.
2. The VIZIO SmartCast™ App brings together TV shows, movies, music and more from multiple apps into one simple experience.
3. On Demand For Everything in Demand. Tap into content from popular apps and easily discover your favorite songs, episodes, full seasons, entire films and more.
4. You Speak. VIZIO SmartCast™ Delivers. With simple Voice Search, track down your favorites faster. Easily search movies, shows, channels, songs, actors, artists and more.5. Queue Up Your Favorites. Easily organize your entertainment with personalized Watchlists and Collections – and don’t miss new episodes with simple-to-set reminders.
6. Your phone becomes the remote. Easily set up and control your VIZIO SmartCast™ display and speakers like never before with the VIZIO SmartCast™ App. free from the App Store and Google Play.™
7. Chromecast built-in replaces an external streaming media box (like the Chromecast dongle), thus saving an HDMI input, and has the added benefit of being able to stream 4K and HDR content, which even the Chromecast Dongle can’t do. Plus it’s easy and intuitive to send your favorite content from your phone (or the tablet) to the TV from a rich collection of thousands of Chromecast-enabled apps like Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, HBO Now, VUDU, Watch ESPN, etc….
8. The TV is very clear, easy to use and we love it! Plus, we can watch anything… direct TV, netflix, etc… 🙂
Our favorite NETFLIX movies to watch on our VISIO SmarCast™
1. Hook. Our kids love Peter Pan and Hook is no different! Allie loves Tinkerbelle and the boys love the action.
2. Phineas & Ferb, the Movie. What can I say? Two kids building things that our kids could only dream about… it’s a win.
3. Lilo & Stitch. I was surprised to find this one on Netflix, but the kids like it and after going to the Lilo & Stitch ride in Disney, they couldn’t wait to watch it.
4. The Tale of Despereaux. After reading this book in the third-grade class, our son couldn’t wait to watch this movie… and it didn’t fall short.
5. How to Train your Dragon. This is more my favorite than the kids, but I just love it.
6. How to Train your Dragon 2. I haven’t seen this yet, but Mickey saw it in the movie theater and said it was really funny and that our kids liked it.
7. Charlotte’s Web. I remember this one from when I was younger, so the newer version didn’t disappoint. It was great and our kids loved it as much as I had hoped.
8. Chicken Little. Our kids have watched this one several times and still ask for it on movie night. I think it is such a story of hope that they just want to watch it again & again.
9. Curious George. It boils down to this: George is entertaining no matter what your age: 4 or 34. We all love it.
10. Daddy Day Care. Our boys can’t get enough of this movie! I have never seen it, but I have heard it playing in the car (yes, we rented it from the library for one of our road trips). So, they have watched it several times and laugh hard every time!
11. ET. Warning – you may not remember, but this one can be sad for younger kids. We still like it, but I was suprised to find that it was sad.
12. HOME. Our daughter loves HOME and luckily our older boys like it, too, so that makes it a family favorite. NOTE: Common Sense Media warns parents that the movie could upset small children because human families are split up, and one of the main characters, Tip, is separated from her mother.
13. Minions. This is just a fun movie all around.
14. Mr. Peabody & Shermon. Our kids love this one. Mickey watched it with them & he gave it his approval, too.
15. Nanny McPhee – this movie is cute & I love the story behind it, of accepting people as they are.
Which are your favorites? Add them to this list.