MY LATEST VIDEOS
Strawberry Soda Cake
This cake is so much fun to make. Since it’s all pre-packed stuff it goes together in a snap. Put the kids to work helping you with this. Of course poking holes in the cake is always a favorite.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored Jell-O
- 16 fluid ounces strawberry flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
1. In a cake pan, prepare the cake according to package directions. Once cake is baked, poke holes in it with a toothpick. (You could even split the batter into two smaller circular pans)
2. In a bowl, mix together strawberry gelatin with the boiling water. Once dissolved, allow it to cool slightly. Pour in the carbonated strawberry beverage. Then, pour over cake and allow it to soak. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
3. In a bowl, mix together the milk and pudding. Once mixed well, fold in the thawed whipped topping and spread on the cake.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.