This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It is almost time to celebrate my brother’s birthday! We are getting together over the weekend for dinner at my Mom and Dad’s house and I was asked to make my ‘signiture dish’ (shh… its really my friend’s recipe!) I love to make Cheesy Southern Hash Brown Casserole because it is so easy, it is delicious and it is good the next morning for breakfast (reheated). Plus, you can add whatever you want to it: Peppers, bacon, onions, whatever you want!
I also plan on making this for our Easter Brunch. It is a hit for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Chessy Southern Hashbrown Casserole (adapted from Ore-Ida® Cheesy Potato Casserole):
- 1 (10.5 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup (you can use chicken if you have that)
- 2 Cups Sour cream (I like to use fat free when I am making it for just our family, but I use the regular when I am making it for our family)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Package (30 oz.) Heinz® Ore-Ida® Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes (thaw before using)
1/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 Cup Sliced green onions
- 2 Cups Crushed corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese, onion and hash browns until well mixed.
- Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter.
Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
Optional: Garnish with additional sliced green onion if desired.
- This recipe will be a hit, I promise! Everyone loves it at our house!