My good friend, Holly, made these sausage balls last year and I wanted to share it with you. This was originally posted on Your Modern Family on January 21, 2013 but I made these for a party that we went to, just the other day, and knew that I had to re-post them for you today. They are a great party food, but an equally great dinner main dish.
(Wait until you see the delicious brownie recipe at the end!)
Holly’s Sausage Balls – easy to make & takes only a few minutes to prepare:
- 1 pound sausage (I used Jimmy Dean’s all natural)
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of Bisquick
- Allow cheese and sausage to reach room temperature.
- Place in mixing bowl with Bisquick and blend until smooth.
- NOTE: Mixture will be quite dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray well with vegetable oil spray.
- Press/roll mixture into 1 inch balls by hand & set them 1 inch apart
- Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
ON the side I am making : Mashed potatoes & green beans
And after dinner… here is the dessert:
Jen’s Oreo Brownies:
- 1 Box or bag of cookie mix
- 1 Box of brownie mix (you probably need 2 Eggs if using the box mix)
- 2 Packs of Oreos (double stuffed or regular)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Make the cookie dough as the package states- you may want to add an extra teaspoon of oil to keep it moist during the longer baking time.
- Put this on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add Oreos on top (lay them right onto of the dough – right next to each other)
- Make the brownie mix according to the box directions & pour it over the Oreos.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- When its still a little warm, use the paper to lift it out of the tray & onto a cutting board.