Four kids X four lunches = one busy mom! The thing is that our kids get “bored” of the normal sandwich, so I try to make it fun. That is when I came up with the idea to have pb&j roll ups.
It started one day when we were down to four pieces of Nature’s Own bread (instead of the 8 that I would need to make sandwiches) and I didn’t want to give them a sandwich without a top, because that would get MESSY… and so… we invented the roll up!
I love it now because they can literally hold it with one hand while they eat it. I can make them several (for our older boys) or just one (for our daughter).
How to make it:
- Start with a slice of Nature’s Own bread (this is the best one, I’ve found, because it has No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors, no fructose corn syrup).
- Cut off the crust (optional)
- Roll over it with a rolling pin, to flatten it.
- Spread on your Peanut butter (or almond butter, sunflower butter- whatever it is).
- Spread on your jelly.
- Roll up.
- I usually give it one last “smush” before giving it to the kids, to keep it from unrolling.You can watch EXACTLY how I make them in this video:
PS- you can use this with lunch meat. The kids love when I do this, too! It is a fun way to add a little ‘spice’ to their lunchboxes. They willl love them (all four of our kids ask for them.)Enter to win a $250 Grocery store gift card! You can enter the contest by submitting their photo or video featuring their lunchbox creations via this site!
- – Four (4) winners will be drawn from the contest to each win a $250 Grocery Store Gift Card. You can find more great ideas by following Nature’s Own on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature’s Own. The opinions and text are all mine.