This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love baking and I love M&M’s® so today I wanted to share my favorite recipe for the softest M&M cookies!
There are a lot of holiday recipes on thE back of the Glad Holiday packaging (available at Target) (each recipe is designed to fit within the Glad container that features the recipe), so I was inspired to make these cookies! I took them to a family dinner and everyone loved them!
I used the M&M’S® Holiday Baking Mini’s, but I almost went for the M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint (only at Target) and I even debated using the M&M’S® Holiday Dark Mint. I have all three of these at our house because I use them in my holiday baking a lot.
These are my favorite cookies- it was a recipe that I adapted about a year ago to include our favorite candy… M&M’s®
1 cup unsalted butter
2 3/4 cup bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
2 T. whole milk
1-2 T. pudding mix (vanilla) – this makes them soft! My grandmother-in-law uses a whole packet & they are great!
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup M&M candies, divided
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Melt butter. Set it aside afterwards (it will cool a bit).
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda onto a paper plate. Add pudding mix.
3. Pour the butter into your stand mixer’s work bowl.
4. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. In another bowl, whisk together the whole egg, the egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract in a measuring cup or small bowl. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the egg mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. When they are combined well, add ½ cup of chocolate chips and stir in by hand with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add half of the M&M’s®
6. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
8. Scoop the dough into 1½-ounce portions onto parchment-lined half sheet pans, 6 cookies per sheet.
Bake 2 sheets at a time for 15-18 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. (Move the bottom cookie sheet to the top & the top cookie sheet to the bottom)
9. Here comes the fun part: Take the cookies out, slide the parchment with the cookies onto a cooling rack and press extra M&Ms onto the tops, bottoms & sides of the cookies.
10. Let them cool for 10-15 minutes before serving, because the chocolate will be hot.
11. Store leftovers in the Glad Holiday Storage package.
12. ENJOY… these kiddos certainly did!
ENJOY – I HOPE THAT YOU LOVE THESE SOFT M&M COOKIES AS MUCH AS WE DO!
Another awesome recipe that I found on the back of the (Target exlusive) Glad Holiday Edition strage container is this recipe for M&M’S® Black & White Peppermint Brownies:
- Sugar cookie mix
- Brownie mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. mint extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Holiday sprinkles
- 1 package M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies—exclusively at Target
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare sugar cookie mix according to package directions and press into bottom of 9×13 inch pan.
3. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and add mint extract. Pour over sugar cookie layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool.
5. Melt white chocolate chips per package directions.
6. Drizzle white chocolate over bar cookies.
7. Sprinkle with sprinkles and Holiday M&M’S® candies.
8. Allow drizzle to harden. Slice brownies and serve.
Tip: Store in a perfectly sized GLAD® storage container for up to 7 days.