This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This year Mickey and I really wanted a more Kid friendly backyard. We wanted to re-do our back yard. It was a mess of dirt, old outdoor playground sets and just a mess… there really isn’t any other word for it. Thanks to the amazing help of Hayneedle, we now have the most AMAZING back yard. Pictures will do it more justice than my words…
Here are some BEFORE PICTURES:
Before: side yard
Before: under the porch
Before: playground set:
Before: play house.
Before play area:
Before birds eye view:
So… you see how much of a disaster it was? The kids never wanted to play out there and I couldn’t blame them. I didn’t either.
Now, we found some things on Hayneedle that we really wanted, like this ADORABLE PLAY HOUSE!!! Once everything came in, Mickey and my dad got to work. Here are the after photos:
AFTER: SIDE YARD.
AFTER: UNDER THE PORCH:
UNDER THE PORCH:
NEW SANDBOX UNDER THE PORCH (this keeps the sun from making the sand too hot and it lets the kids play without the worry of the sun). We ordered the Child Forms Sandbox Package-4 x 8
(Item # HN-CFM017 on Hayneedle) We liked it for these reasons:
- Polyethylene Funtimbers™ far exceed standard wood borders
- Polywoven canvas sand cover provides weather protection
- Extremely easy installation requires only six spikes
- Will not fade, rot, or fall apart like wooden sandboxes
- Dimensions: 4W x 8L feet
Plus the cover is easy to remove & put back on to keep everything out… except the kids.
View from playset:
NEW: slide & repainted shed:
Mickey built this slide area for the kids. They do races on the slide & love it!
AFTER: BRAND NEW PLAY HOUSE.
Little Cottage 8 x 8 Cape Cod Wood Playhouse
- Talk to their Little Cottage product specialists! Call 866-579-5183.
- Lift-gate delivery service included!
- Safe, durable LP Smart Side construction
- House dimensions: approximately 8W x 8D x 8H feet
- Parts are pre-cut and panelized for easy assembly
- Paint it any color!The playhouse came ready to assemble, along with almost everything you need to build it quickly and easily. We picked black & white to match the shed and we are working on the inside with Allie’s help … it couldn’t be easier thanks to the downloadable full-color manual provided with purchase. It was easy to put together (well- for Mickey & my dad… not me!) and it came with:
- 2×4 wood wall and truss framing
- High-quality siding and trim pre-fastened to wall panels
- Panelized, pre-cut wall sections
- Assembly hardware
- White aluminum outside corner trim
- 2 working Plexiglass windows with screens and frames, 12 x 18 inches each
- Shutters and 2 flowerboxes
- 2 Cape Cod dormers (non-functioning)
- 2 grid windows in dormers (non-functioning)
- Child Dutch door for front of house (20W x 40H inches)
- Adult Dutch door for side of house (34W x 61.5H inches)
Everything was pre-cut and in ready-to-assemble condition, and the trim and siding came primed and ready for paint. You supply paint, Dripedge (roof edging), and shingles.
AFTER: NEW PLAYSET.
Component Playgrounds Abby Metal Swing Set
You can find it here. We truly debated which swinger to buy, but after realizing that most of our kids & their friends are already either tweens or at least going to be tweens soon, we decided to go with this metal swingset. Here are some reasons that we liked it:
- Overall dimensions: 19L x 17W x 10H feet
- We could call their product specialists: 866-579-5183
- Durable CP 40 metal piping
- Ball-bearing swing hangers
- Concrete-mounted for stability
What’s Included: Frame, 4 Swings, Monkey Bars, Trapeze Bar, Gymnastic Rings, All Necessary Hardware
Apart from all the great features kids will enjoy, this residential swing set has design and safety elements to put parents’ minds at ease. The metal piping is cement-mounted to prevent shaking and extra thick to ensure a long life, perfect for our kids. The swing seats are an ultra-durable polymer that resists normal wear and tear.
One last before & after…
I could not have been happier! I have recommended Hayneedle to everyone since doing this project! It has been a dream come true. They were SO easy to work with and if you have done huge projects, you know how frustrating it can be to work with a company that isn’t easy to work with. When I find a company like Hayneedle, I don’t take it lightly.
The kids have enjoyed the back yard – it is like an all day recess for them!